Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Authorization Based on material type and authorization group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a requirement for the Material Master  restriction based on material type

We have  two company code 1001 and 3001

requirement is … no one can change basic data 1/2 for each others materials except self created

materials  for certain material type eg  material type ZROH

I am unable to execute authorization based on same.....kindly help me out

Best regards

Amol Dounde

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

The M_MATE_MAR authorization object is checked in the MM01/MM02/MM03 transactions.  However, SAP will only do the authorization check for a material which has an Authorization Group assigned in table T134 (configurable in SPRO txn OMS2). Table T134 defines material types (T134-MTART) and the related authorization group (T134-BEGRU).   If an authorization group is assigned for your material type 'ZABC' in T134, and the user has authorization for that auth group, the auth check will be successful. 

You cannot assign an authorization group just to material type 'ZABC' and ignore the other material types.  If you do, a user authorized for MTART='ZABC' can also create materials with all the other material types because for those materials (which have no authorization group), no authorization check will be done when the user attempts to create/change/display those materials.  I believe you must assign auth groups to all material types in T134 and assign the M_MATE_MAR auth object to all users with appropriate authorization levels.

Check in SCN there are other open forum for the same question