cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security tab of Contacts

natalia_goyenechea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues, i´m creating Supplier contacts in Sourcing On Demand wave 9, and i see that i have 3 tabs of information about the created contact.

The 3rd tab: "security" has 3 checkboxes for security profiles:

Application User 

all of them checked and grayed out.

My question is: Who can control the asignment of security profiles to the contacts. I tried to edit it with a super user from the buy side and it is not possible. The contact itself is not able to edit that either. it is grayed for both.

So if no one is able to change and manage that settings why are they shown in the first place?

How can the customers control what supplier contacts can see in their sells side and what they can´t?

Thanks

Natalia Goyenechea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Application User profile is assigned to all users (both buyers and supplier contacts) by the system. This profile contains minimum access every user should have and hence cannot be removed.

Supplier profile – This profile is needed for all supplier contacts and will be automatically assigned by the system.

Supplier Manager profile – This is also a supplier contact related profile. A supplier contact with this profile will be able to perform some additional supplier actions such as self maintenance of supplier data and adding new contacts. For the primary supplier contact, this role will be automatically assigned by the system and cannot be removed. If you add a second contact to that supplier, for that contact you will be able to uncheck the Supplier Manager profile.

Hope this helps.

Vikram

natalia_goyenechea
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you! That helped, yes!

Natalia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

I  appreciate the explation .

But we have the customer demand that contact managemnet /creation should not be with suppliers. 

Application User   &

So if you could help us to remove /set this role as optional in supplier contact tab,

then this will meet our requirement.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

we have the customer demand that suplier contact user management should not be
extended to suppliers.   So while contact creation "Application User   & Supplier roles" can  be default & mandatory but there should be option with "supplier manager" role as per  policy of customer.

So we are exploring option to remove /set this role as optional in supplier contact tab.

So kindly suggest approach to reach this .

Since this thread found answered already , bit confuse whether to add new discussion ?

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (0)