cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookup function between 2 output datasets in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to see how the tool can fit the purpose of basic listing or reporting on top of databases or SAP abap systems. My prototype is quite simple invoking SAP ECC and displaying header and line items data for an entity.

I've got codes returned in one of the output datasets and I wanted to display related descriptions contained in another dataset.

For example I've got Unit of measures for which I want to display the description instead of the code. Basically, I need to do something like vlookup function in Excel.

I've tried the union operation tryin to get a new dataset combining both datasets to get the code and description in the same dataset without success. The union operator will get different outputs but none to my satisfaction.

This is either a limitation of the model-driven tool or of my investigative approach looking everywhere (help.sap.com, google searching for lookup function in VC...)

Isn't it a basicreporting or even application requirement to display a meaningful list of values and description instead of meaningless codes?

I must have missed a page in the documentation. Am I the only one with this need?

Thanks in advance for your interest in my issue. If you 've got a workaround I'm a taker

Cheers, Andre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

there is no join functionality in VC.

Regards,

Anja