cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture Communication Channel Error in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to capture communication channel error in SAP PI and send it back to SAP.

For example, in a proxy to web service scenario, if the web service is down then PI needs to capture the communication channel error and send it back to sap.

Is there a way to achieve the above.

Any pointer would be helpful.

Thanks.

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a few ways:

from the alerts - you can send the alert to the SAP - whould this be doable ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

We dont want to send alerts. We want it to be a synchronous proxy scenario. The SAP will do a query for work status to web service. If the call is successful, status will be sent to SAP if any connectivity issue arises like web service is down, then also we need to send the error to SAP. This is wy need to capture RWB communication channel error came into picture.

Is tha possible?

Thanks.

Pooja

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes and no

no - not in standard

yes - status is being kept in PI tables (don't know which one would have to look for it) so it's possible to get it from there but there is no API I believe

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI table name would be of great help or any documentation demonstrating the same.

Cant we do an RFC look up from this table for fetching the error discription?

Is that doable?

Thanks.

Pooja

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adapter engine messages usually stores in BC_MSG table, but i dont prefer performing look up on SAP Standard tables because it involves customization . even if you achieve this requirement support point of view it is risky as per my experience.