SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove payment method on Returned item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All....I am facing a particular scenario in my current assignment. We use SAP functionality of Biller direct to take payment. As we know, when payment is received, a payment method is applied on open item and the same is cleared via Payment run (transaction FPY1). Now, if this payment is returned, the system reopens the original open item, if in the return lot header type of posting is maintained as 'Cancel payment'. But our requirement is to create a new open item and not to reopen the original open item (i.e. type of posting ''New receivable derived from payment'. Now, if new open item is created it will also have payment method (because new open item inherits all the characteristics of the original open item). This is an issue, since the new open item will again be included in daily payment run batch job. In the configuration of return reason, I have maintained 'Delete payment method', but apparently this configuration does not works for new open item created (it only works if the original open item is reopened). Thus, I am looking for an event, wherein I can delete the payment method while posting. Any suggestions/recommendations please ? Is there any standard way of doing this ? If not, which event can be useful for this ? Much appreciated...

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sumit:

Try event 265.  The standard activity process does not work with 'new item' as you have seen, so you need to provide logic on your own.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response. I have explored event 265 and it is no good for us. Event 265 only gives us the option to modify any return activities that have been configured in the structure FKKRACT. As I mentioned earlier, we have already configured 'Delete payment method from item' in the configuration of return reason. So, in the structure FKKRACT, the field XDELPZAWE already comes with 'X'. Any suggestions ?

Regards

Sumit