cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal code update in IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are receiving postal code in NNNN-NNN format from EU countries through IDOC.

The IDOC is failing. Business is manually changing the postal code from NNNN-NNN format to NNNN and it is going though fine after that.

Is there any customization i can do to change the postal code format to NNNN? so that i can avoid manual intervention for the business.

Thanks

Venkata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is standard configuration in SAP that ensures that postal codes follow the correct format for the country. I believe SAP uses the Postal Union standards. If IDocs are received from external partner and their system does not validate the postal codes or for some reason they follow a different format, then data in the IDoc might be incorrect. Ideal solution would be to request the partner to fix it on their side, but there is no guarantee they'll comply.

In such case the postal code format should be converted either in the middleware (if you're using EDI) or in the program that creates IDocs (if it's a custom program) or in a user exit. For specific user exit name just Google IDoc/message type and 'user exit'.

I think the standard configuration can also be changed, but I wouldn't advise that.