cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create self-contained web service in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Is there a way to expose a self-contained web service from PI which doesn’t call another system but simply maps the request to the response? 

Here is the flow:

Request from client comes to PI

PI uses a map to transform the request to the response message

PI sends the response back to the client

I was playing with the configuration this afternoon but haven’t figured out how to make it work.   Where I’m getting stuck is that I’m trying to use one sender Communication Channel for the request/response but the receiver configuration in Integration Builder expects to see a receiver Communication Channel also.

Thanks,

Noel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Is there a way to expose a self-contained web service from PI which doesn’t call another system but simply maps the request to the response?

you can create a WS on J2EE stack of PI - pretty simple and lots of guides on SDN

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,   Is this use case not possible using Integration Building?   BTW, I'm using PI 7.3.   

Could you point me in the direction of the guides on SDN for the J2EE WS?  Sorry, I'm a new user.  What text should I use in the search?   Would this web service in the J2EE stack allow me to call a map in the ESR?

Thanks again

Noel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I was playing with the configuration this afternoon but haven’t figured out how to make it work.   Where I’m getting stuck is that I’m trying to use one sender Communication Channel for the request/response but the receiver configuration in Integration Builder expects to see a receiver Communication Channel also.

This is just a thought. But feasible to achieve. Convert your sync scenario to async. That means sender channel will address request and receiver channel does the response. Use request message structure as outbound and response message as inbound in ESR design.  This way you can handle request and response as per your need.