cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New system for "system Monitoring"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to include new system for monitoring ?

I think everything was configured in transaction SMSY including RFC connections. But I see only one system configured previously by SAP consultant (SAP Solution Manager preparation session).

Any help ...

I check this forum and have found some tips but still can't solve my problem.

How to check configuration ?

Best regards,

Michal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

per default only the systems that are in the leading system role of the logical components of your solution are displayed in the system diagram. If you want to add systems of other roles you have to "Insert" them as follows:

1. Goto "Solution Directory" and select the system group tab of the solution. All systems that are visible in the system diagram are marked as "green" in the system group.

2. Select a system that is not "green" and select either "Insert" via the button "System" or "Put in Solution" via the context menu.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thank you - it works

Will you please give me one more advice:

- I have second installation for BW (two systems). Can I monitor all 5 systems in one solution, or I need to create second solution for BW ?

Best regards,

Michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

to add a system that is not part of the system group of your solution, you need to maintain it in SMSY, create a logical component in SMSY that has the same product version as the system and assign the system to the logical component. Then you add the logical component to the system group via F4 selection help.

Best regards,

Michael

Message was edited by:

Michael Volkmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Michael for your precise and clear hints,

my problems are solved,

best regards

Michal

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create a Solution in DSWP with your installation number.

Are you having RFC connections in place?

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Thanks, but

the solution in DSWP exists with correct instalation number for system PRD. There is more systems (DEV and TST) in this instalation but I can't see them for monitoring (even they exist in SMSY).

May be I don't understand idea of monitoring : one solution (in DSWP) is for monitoring only one system ? or I can monitor more systems ?

RFC connection are OK.

regards,

Michal