Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting AE messages

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have properties

XIadapter.inbound.persistenDuration.default and  XIadapter.outbound.persistenDuration.default

to specify the duration after which the AE messages will be deleted.....I just want to know why there are spearate paramteres for  "Inbound" and "outbound"

as this is AE and not IE we should not have separate Inbound and outbound queues right ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>.I just want to know why there are spearate paramteres for  "Inbound" and "outbound"

Adapter Engine treats inbound and outbound as seperate entries and they are handled by mostly different adapters(sender and receiver) that are hosted in the adapter java engine.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

If you see message flow between sender and receiver system using PI, sender adapter picks up the data and send it to IE(ABAP Stack) here JAVA stack(sender adapter involved) after that IE gives mapping output and delivers data to receiver adapter,receiver adapter also part of JAVA stack hence once more time JAVA stack involved, i.e end to end scenario JAVA stack involves two times outbound/inbound that why we have two paramaters.

ABove flow not applicable to IDoc/HTTP adapter bacuse these 2 adapters are part of ABAP Stack.

Regards,

Raj