cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Hierarchy Loading issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create new Hierarchy Attributes for Materials, and adding new attributes using excel import option in import manager.

I am selecting Add as sibling/Add as child options to add new attributes to the existing ones.

But once the import is executed successfully, I could see that only one record is created in Data Manager.

But if i want to update existing Hierarchy Attributes, it is working fine, all the records are update at one go.

Please suggest what could be the reason that only one record is added(and not the complete set), every time I execute Import Action.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is now solved.

I loaded the complete hierarchy i.e. parent-child sets at one go, instead of loading the leaf nodes alone and this worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surbhi,

Please clear if you are trying to import attribuites in a Taxanomy table or just importing new hierarchy values in a Hierarchy table?

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create new Hierarchy Attribute Code for Materials, and adding new attributes using excel import option in import manager.

I am selecting Add as sibling/Add as child options to add new attributes to the existing ones. But once the import is executed successfully, I could see that only one record is created in Data Manager.

But if i want to update existing Hierarchy Attributes Codes, it is working fine, all the records are update at one go. Please suggest what could be the reason that only one record is added (and not the complete set), every time I execute Import Action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to Import Hierrachy Data only.

Taxonomy is not involved here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Surbhi,

I guess you are trying to import in a Taxonomy Table. Just make sure that you follow the steps closely mentioned in the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/2b/595cb4d29b408e8187ec1a100e340d/frameset.htm

Also, while verifying the attributes in Data Manager, make sure that the Taxonomy mode is ON.

Let me know if this works.

-Ashwin