cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Synchronization from Project to item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement of status mapping from project management project to portfolio management item. I have maintained the status profile at project level through SPRO (Create/Change Status Profile for User Status).

I have maintained the similar user status at item level through SPRO (Define Portfolio Item Types).

Now, while doing the mapping I have doubts in the following steps-

1.   Maintain DFM Business Transactions => Do I need to create new DFM transaction through BS32 as I have custom status

2.     Map Business Transactions for Synchronization

3.    Map Project / Initiative Business Transaction to DFM Business Transaction => From where I can get the Business transaction as I am not create my own business transaction

4.     Map DFM Business Transaction to Portfolio Management Status

5.     In case my approach is incorrect, please suggest me the correct way.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

After seeing your requirement I want to confirm first are you going to use "user status" or only system status.

And also please send  me the screen shots what ever status you have been used for project level and item level.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasa,

Thanks for your reply. Please find the screen shots attached.

My actual requirement is that the status will be managed at the project level and it will be sync. to item level and at item level the status field will be disabled as the status will be coming from project level only.

Project Status:

Item Status

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

As per my understand,Please find the below steps.

1>First map the user status to respective system status of project level(by assigning the business transactions).

2>Maintain respective DFM transactions.

3>Map Business transactions for synchronization

4>Map Project / Initiative Business Transaction to DFM Business Transaction

5>Map DFM Business Transaction to Project / Initiative Business Transaction

6>Map Portfolio Management Status to DFM Business Transaction

7>Map DFM Business Transaction to Portfolio Management Status

Please try the above steps.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasa,

Could you help me out with an example for the fisrt step you have mentioned as I am not clear where to maintain business transaction.

Also, could you please provide me some clarity on the transaction control as displayed in the image attached.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sachin

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sachin;

Please check this thread --> http://scn.sap.com/thread/2153599

Regards,

Mariano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Please assign the object type "Phase" to user status profile and assign the respective business transaction control to the respective user status.You need to assign for all the user status.

Regards,

Sreenivasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sachin,

Please select the object type is "Project Definition" only.By mistake i Mentioned Phase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasa,

I have already maintained the object type as project definition. I am not clear about which business transaction to be mapped to which status and what the terms  'Influence' and 'Next action' means in change status profile transaction control.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Regards,

Sachin