cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for Data Upload into MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement is to upload Purchase Info Records(PIR) into MDG sys, I would like to know what are the options available?

Does it supports IDocs as Inbound, if supports the IDoc, does it creates CR ?

Thanks,

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shivamd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Have you got any pointers for triggering PIR from MDG.

If Yes kindly help if we can trigger PIR can be created for a material once material is created.

Thanks in advance.

BRegards,

Shivam Dubey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

does this mean that PIRs should be handled through the governance process in MDG? If so - how do you set up the data model? Reuse Option? Flex Option?

regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for the reply,

Yes, it should be handled through the governance process in MDG, should create CR and should go through the approval process, we are using MDG-F and it's Flex mode.

known process: I assume that I can upload .xml file by customizing the standard program RMDG_FILE_UPLOAD_BG 

Expected process: the Middleware which sends the PIR can send data in IDocs, So what's the process to post the PIR and it should go through create Change Request process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

can you please explain more about the governance process with regards to PIR? Where does the process start? And which data is maintained on the MDG Hub? And I would like to know why you would need a Change Request Process in the load process ...

Anyway - RMDG_FILE_UPLOAD_BG  cannot "just be customized" for this. There are standard implementations for Business Partner and Material (supporting Idocs and Services where available). For a Custom Object you would have to create an implementation. By the way: in EhP6 I would recommend to use the Web Dynpro Application "MDG_BS_FILE_IMPORT" which you can find e.g. in the MDG-S menu: "Data Exchange" / "Data Transfer" / "Import Master Data". This supports asynchronous, parallel and scheduled loads with or without a change request process.

And one more remark - I don't understand "we are using MDG-F" for it. It's right that MDG-F is flex mode but that does not necessarily mean that you would use flex mode for your Custom Object. If you go for the reuse mode and you do not need the Change Request process in the load process you can simply load IDocs into the active area. If you want to load IDocs into the staging area (through a change request process) then you probably want to use the option described below (for reuse but also for the flex mode) or you would also have the option to load CSV files via the File Upload (USMD_FILE_UPLOAD). But all of this depends on the process. Would be great if you could explain more.

regards,

Michael