Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus have a nice day

i have one Doubt on route determination

route is determined: country of departure zone +country of destination zone +shipping conditions+ Transportation group +weight group

Here my doubt is weight group is not mandatory we maintain routes with out weight group also .

i am confused in which scenario weight group should be there and where it not be there ?

thanks a lot for your help  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

If you have checked help.sap, in Route Determination page, it states the below:

The shipping document type determines whether the route is determined again in the delivery. Since you only learn the exact weight of the delivery at the time of creating the delivery, it makes sense to determine the route again. For example, an overdelivery of goods could mean that the delivery is now too heavy to be delivered by air freight and must be conveyed by rail. It could also be that several partial deliveries are created for one sales order so that the total weight of the each delivery is now lower than the total weight that is recorded in the sales order. Thus, a smaller truck than originally planned can be used for the delivery.

For this reason, a weight group is used as an additional factor in determining the route. The weight group is determined on the basis of the total weight of the delivery. You can manually overtype the route that is determined by the system in the delivery.

Unlike the sales order where a route can be defined for each order item, the route applies to all items in the delivery.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

This post is not specifically related to this thread, yet the below is important.

Are the issues / threads created by you getting deleted? and by whom?

E.g.

1. Condition exclusion

2. Customized reports

Members (including myself) have dedicated time in answering / commenting on the issues. By deleting these threads (by don't know who), that content is "not available for anyone, to benefit from".

In connection to 2. Customized reports please read:

http://scn.sap.com/community/career-center/blog/2012/07/29/10-must-know-abap-skills-for-functional-c...

If you have any related questions, you could post it as comments in the blog.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW ,

I am Agree with you about  the customize report even I have given lots of effort on that and reply how ever its deleted

Its very unfortunate

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W AND Ramesh sir

i am also shocked when i saw ramesh sir thread it was opened but when i was giving points it was deleted i got the msg yor content is deleted

but i also don't know 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ramesh sir

my heartful thanks a lot i got yor inputs about customised reports .but it was deleted before giving my replay and points  . i also dont know who deleted

any way thank you so much sir for sharing your knowledge and if you have more custamised reports pl share ....

i am very happy bz i have searched a lot in google but i didnt get

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear tw sir

in the morning ramesh sir also gave good information about custamised reports but it was deleted not by me

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can report it

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/scn-bug-reporting

by creating a new thread.

Try to know why the threads where deleted so that - maybe - you could improve from knowing the reason.

Please share with us too. (we might also benefit from it).

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A thread would be deleted if

1. basic or repeated the same query which has been answered already
  2. copy pasting from other source
  3. ignoring Moderators' warning

But I am not sure what thread you people are talking about and also in the last couple of days, I have not deleted any thread.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Members have mentioned your patience and politeness in moderating this forum. I would reiterate that!

About deletion of two threads, I have mentioned the names of the threads in my earlier post.

In my opinion, "Locking" these threads would have been a better option. By locking, members could have read the posts by members, now that content is lost.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes my first preference is always locking a thread rather deleting since as you said, it is traceable if the member wanted to check why it is not allowed in the forum.  By this way, they can reduce their mistakes / ignorance.

On the mention of two threads, to be frank, it is not registered in my mind as of now and I felt I have not gone through such threads and hence, am unable to comment on this.  Needless to mention, regret for your efforts.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmithi ,

Thanks for your response yesterday Indian time 1am customize report example 

I have answered almost 30 line it will take me me around 1 hour to give the answer its very unfortunate the contest is deleted

Even Laxmipathi i got the mail notification if you required i will take the snap shot and sent you for the reference

Regards

Ramesh

Regards

Ramesh

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmithi ,

Thanks for your response yesterday Indian time 1am customize report example 

I have answered almost 30 line it will take me me around 1 hour to give the answer its very unfortunate the contest is deleted

Even Laxmipathi i got the mail notification if you required i will take the snap shot and sent you for the reference

Regards

Ramesh

Regards

Ramesh

0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

As you got "confused in which scenario weight group should be there and where it not be there"

Say you company is Manufacturing company where you have 500 types of Material. In those material say around 100 materials whose weight will be between 500gms  to 1 Kg and rest all material weight will be say more than 1 kg to 500kgs. So as per the delivery of goods for the customer, Route  will picking up and choose the transport as per the squence table of weight group which you maintained in Route determination with weight group.

SC    Tgroup                Wt. group     Description     Actual Route   Description

01     001                     0010           Up to 1 kg       000001           By Courier

0100           Up to 100 kg    000002           Road Transporter

9999           Over 101 kg     000003           By Train

Suppose you don't have concern with the weight of the material, then you can only define the route without weight group.

Hope the scenario will clear your confusion.

Best Regards

Bidhan Konar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in which scenario weight group should be there and where it not be there ?

One simple example I can say as follows:-

Let us assume a manufacturer despatches their goods in different modes (sea, air and road).  Here for sea and road, manufacturer would not have any issue in despatching huge load / volumes.  But imagine in case of air shipment.  There should be some restriction in sending air shipment.  That is the air shipment should not be sent if the cargo exceeds the stipulated weight.  So here, if you define the weight group and assign it to your Route, while creating delivery, this will take care and accordingly, if delivery document fetches more weight, then route will be redetermined in delivery.  This means, air shipment cannot be proceeded by the user.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

please see the below thread, hope this answers on Route det' with weigh group

http://scn.sap.com/thread/426445

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu ,

Weight group is very vital in transportation depending upon the weight group

The logistic manager can have plan his transportation  , if it more than 1000 kg he can shift by train , if it is small 50 kg may he can go by air mode ,

more ever he would have the information whether they need any Equipment to handle the cargo crane is required , or fork lift is required for  transport the good .

From my domain knowledge I explained you it will hep u out

Regards

Ramesh

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

say, if your company operates with big metal containers (heavy items) or just small light pallets ...

you can identify the weight group you need...first, for example, up to 5000kg, second one up to 100 kg...

regards,