SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant article creation with LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I want to create LSMW for Generic and variant article with two characterstic color and size as variant.

Kindly let me know if any has done this.

With Warm Regards,

Santosh

11 REPLIES 11

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

in my opinion, the easiest way would be, to set up an PRICECATALOGUE-IDoc.

Regards

Tobias

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try BAPI with excel sheets

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh:

You are on the correct path.   The typical data migration methodology for Article Master is to use LSMW and post an ARTMAS IDoc.   This is true whether single articles are being created or whether various flavors of structured articles are being created.

Due to the integrated nature of Article Master, there are many sub-topics under the umbrella of Article Master conversion. An Article Master is created in layers, beginning with Basic Data and extending to other areas such as Purchase Info Records, Purchase Price, and Retail Price, and further complicated by the possibility to store data at various data retention levels in each view.

In practice, this means that ARTMAS is typically followed by other IDocs as part of the Article Master data migration process:

INFREC01 - Create Purchase Info Record

COND_A02 - Purchase Price Condition Record

COND_A02 - Retail Price Condition Record

Lastly, when posting ARTMAS, do not neglect to make use of Reference Articles.  ARTMAS does not use the Merchandise Category Reference Article unless the Article Number of the reference article is explicitly populated in E1BPE1MATHEAD-REF_MATL.

----------------------------------

Paul Gendreau

SAP Retail, Inc

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

thanks for reply. Now i am able to generate generic article .

but i am not able to create its variant with LSMW. I have two charactersticcs color and size but in segment , there is option for only one characterstics.

So how i can use two characteristics to create variant.

Kindly  let me know.

With Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

Can anyone help me regarding creation of variant article with LSMW.

I have totally stuck at this if anyone has done this already.

Please do share for creation of variant as i am not able to create. while i am able to create single and generic article.

Thanks,

With Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Can anyone will give reply.

With Warm regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

this topic is quite to complex to discuss it via an forum. And: I don't know, how you want to create your articles... Batch-Input? ARTMAS-Idocs?

My suggestions: create generic article with variants and create an outbound artmas-idoc with BD10. Then try to build your inbound-idocs via LSMW accordingly.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the reply.

I am creating article with LSMW thru IDOC. and here  i am able to create Generic article but not able to create variant.

Would you tell me more details about the procedure.

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

We are using ARTMAS05 for generic article creation.

You need to define the source structure for AUSP_LEVEL(characteristic )for segment E1BPE1AUSPRT and VARKEY_LEVEL (varaint article number) for segment E1BPE1VARKEY .

0 Kudos

Hi Deyi,

thanks for reply.  But i have been been alraedy assigning these fields even the variant is not able to create. i have two characterstics color and size. but in this case i can assign only one characterstic.

would you tell me more details ..I am still stuck at this point.

Thank,

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

for AUSP level you need to define the input file like below:

MATERIAL VARIANT CHAR_NAME CHAR_VALUE

generic1  generic1 COLOR  yellow

generic1  generic1 COLOR  blue

generic1  generic1 size  big

generic1  generic1 size  small

generic1 variant1 COLOR  yellow

generic1 variant1 size  big

generic1 variant2 COLOR  yellow

generic1 variant2 size  small

generic1 and variant1 ,variant2 stand for article number.

hope this can help you .