cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Standard text to an existing Sap Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have an existing query that produces Dunning information. The query uses tables BSID,T001 and KNA1.

I have been asked to add a standard text that gives our users further information on the print line.

Is there something already built in to query to help me do this or do I add a custom field and use a bit of ABAP to

populate the field?

Some of the key information to read into 'READ_TEXT' is obtainable from BSID but can I assume the correct record of BSID

will be available when the abap code is executed or do I just fetch the information from scratch and ignore what the query is doing?

Regards

Mike.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

There is no built in mechanism to read the standard text. But you can add the additional field in the your infoset ( SQ02 ). In the additional field you can add your custom code with READ_TEXT, here you will  get the data of node bsid which can be utilized to read the standard text.

With regards,

Jayraj Joshi

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

by QUERY, I am assuming you are refering to SAP Query SQ01,02,03. AFAIK, here you can use only fields available in the Table or Table Joins in the output. You can do minor variations like some calculations or so.. But not sure if you can put a custom field and populate that using a FM like Read_text..