cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info needed about XI handling large volumes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One of our customer would like to send 2 million messages per hr from ONE legacy system into SAP XI system.. Each message is 2 KB size.. The XI system should translate and send to SAP system, along with a response message to the legacy system.

We understand that SAP XI is capable of doing it..

However we would like to know the optimal architecture design & solution. This architecture can include any 3rd party add-on with XI for faster processing of messages..

If XI cannot meet these requirements, then what are the other products you can recommend..

Regards

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

2 million msgs/h is quite a lot, you will definitly have a big task regarding performance. I ve some doubts, that this is solvable at all. Of coz avoid bpm, avoid mapping, where possible and write performant programs. Design your message flow as perfomant as possible. That means, avoid synchronous messages. 2.000.000 / 3600 = 555 msg/second. If one synchronous msg takes 10 sec you will have 5550 threads at same time. I cannot imagine success in that case. You should go for asynchronous msgs with acknowledgement. Contact SAP before you invest anything.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Like pointed by Udo, I also seriously doubt if XI can handle such huge payloads.

We for instance are working on processing a 350 MB file and are facing a dead end and now working on workarounds where we are writing srcipts to spilt our source file and so on.

In your case, Synch Messages + such huge load is something u I dont think XI can handle.

Regards

Bhavesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I have understood the scenario, each payload is only 2 KB. That is not much.

If possible the single messages should be gathered before sending to XI to an optimal size of 5 MB. That would reduce the load on the XI server.

If this is not possible, the estimation of the hardware can be done by quicksizer.

But don't forget: 2 Million messages are not only a huge load for XI, the sending and receiving system have to be checked to be able to handle this as well.

As already proposed by Udo, the messages should be send async with an async response.

Regards

Stefan