cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cycle count- standard issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

sap help says

When using cycle counting, the system only suggests materials within a storage type

that are marked with a cycle counting indicator. In order to take inventory for the rest

of the materials (that is, the materials that do not have a CC indicator) for a storage

type, the “ Inventory method” data field must be changed temporarily to “ PZ”.

Afterwards, you can perform standard continuous inventory in IM. (See step 3

above)

see this setting can be changed only thru IMG and which means i cannot do this in production so does it mean that I cannot have cycle count

or the solution is I should assign both PZ and cycle count indicator kindly confirm

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally user do not have access to make any customization changes in production system. In standard SAP implementation or support you will have different landscapes. Like, Development, testing and then production. You have to make changes in Development system then will be transported to Testing system and then to Production.

In your case check how many landscapes you have and make changes in lower system and then move it to production.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

sap help says if you want to do the cycle count for a storage type then you need to tick the CC indicator there in config  and then if you want to do the continous inventory you put PZ in the inventory method against the storage type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are correct, SAP says exactly what you mentioned in above thread. But in your question you said,

"see this setting can be changed only thru IMG and which means i cannot do this in production so does it mean that I cannot have cycle count

or the solution is I should assign both PZ and cycle count indicator kindly confirm"

do you mean you are not able to change inventory method in production as it is gray out field??

or you do not have access to do so in ESP??

For second case I have mentioned what you need to do in my previous thread?

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is If i activate both counting method for 1 storage type is there any problem because config things are not done every day either you have the settings or you dont

question: I want to have both PZ and cycle count in one storage type is it possible or not ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never done this, even I think only one inventory type can be activated at a time for storage type.

BR