cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow users to edit the date created field (VBAK-ERDAT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to edit the date a document is created.  I am trying to enter old quotations using WinShuttle Transaction and I need to be able to specify the date in the document flow (the created on date - VBAK-ERDAT).  Does anyone know anything about allowing changes to this field?

Thanks in advanced,

Josh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The fields ERDAT and ERZET cannot and should not be modified. They reflect the date and time of when the database record was created. I'd also suggest to use Document Date.

There is a user exit available for the document flow - see here. Maybe it could be used to display Document Date in the flow. I have not used it myself but it's probably an easy test for an ABAPer.

Although I'd check with the business users first if the display in document flow is really an issue of major importance. Quotations are supposed to have some kind of a validity date too, I'd be more concerned about that then about the physical creation date. Also if this is just a one-time upload then maybe the users would be OK with it "as is" until these old documents are completed/closed.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should only modified document date. or PO date. VBAK-AUDAT or VBKD-BSTDK

Create on date is very critical in investigations of issues and any modifications to it may cause system inconsistencies. And I agreed with Reazuddin. MD's comments. for the purpose of document flow, it makes no sense for you to change create on date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reazuddin, I am uploading "chains" of hundreds of "hypothetical historical" SD documents for a Business Analysis class my school will be teaching.  In order for the students to understand and analyze the process we would like the document flow to have varied "lags" in days that it takes until the next document is processed.  These lags are the different dates that I provide it with.  However, currently when I upload an entire "chain" of documents and view the document flow, all the dates are the same because it displays the dates that the document was created on.

I think Jelena may be on to something with altering what date is actually displayed on the document flow.

Does anyone know any more about how to change the display of the document flow?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is just for training purposes and is not in the production system then there is another option - ask Basis to change the server date temporarily.

Change the server date to the past, upload a batch of records, then change the date again, upload more, and so forth.  Not sure though if this is a major effort for Basis and if it also requires a restart of the system. But if it's a small QA system and nothing else goes on there, this might be a possibility.

We did this a few times when we needed to test very specific scenarios dependent on the calendar date (e.g. end of month, leap year, etc.).

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you need to modify the creation date for entering old quotations. Creation date is as when the document is created/recorded in system (may not be when the document is really received from the customer).

For same purpose, you can make use of "Document date" field to enter the date when the quotation is actually received from the customer/prospect . VBAK-AUDAT.

Note: Assumption that the old quotations still not recorded in system.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried changing the Document Date (VBAK-AUDAT), along with various other dates in the document.  Unfortunately, still when I view the documents in document flow, I still see today's date because the document flow date is the "Date Created On".

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you want the document date in document flow or whatz da purpose for looking at document flow of the respective document, in your scenario?

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the following note helps you:-

Note 1581827 - Loss of ERNAM/ERDAT when data are changed in current state

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having trouble finding this note.  Is it in SCN somewhere?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to check here

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1581827

To access this, your employer or your client would be having S-User ID with which, you can check it out.

G. Lakshmipathi