cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity cannot exceed the quantity XXXX.XX already calculated (item1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While uplifting a PO in SRM I am getting this error ''Quantity cannot exceed the quantity 10707.500 already calculated (item1)''  , This error is coming up while clicking on 'ORDER' button and not while clicking on 'CHECK' button , we are in extended classic.

Has any expert have exact idea about this error message.

Thanks

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry for the late update , Just posting the solution to close the thread.

Guys this was coming up because in BBP_Pd the value of invoice is updated in the table bbp-pdigp and as we are using Service PO's in SRM 5 there was a fault in the system where the multiple line items confirmation & invoice value was getting posted in all the line items of the PO.

for ex - each line item has value 10 and there are 5 line items then each line item conf & inv was getting updated as 50 (10*5) making the total conf & inv value as 50*5 = 250 where it should be only total 50.

that was the reason when we were trying to uplift the line item 1 this error was coming up as line item was already updated & calculated.

This was because as u all know in ECC the service entry sheet has mainly one line items and its sub line items.

Issue was solved by SAP has created 1 note for SRM and ECC by which the view was corrected and the values started getting updated correctly aganist each line item.

Thanks

Sudhir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to create PO with lesser quantity?

Are you using WBS elements or internal order as account assignment?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks we are able to order the PO for the initial and less amount for which it was originaly ordered and even if we are increasing the quantity of line item 2  and keeping the quantity of line item-1 as it is, its Ordering the PO , but giving the error if we are increasing even for a very small qnty of line item -1.

We are using WBS element as accn asst.

and we are in ECS SRM 5.0 level 19

Thanks

Sudhir

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you extending the value defined for WBS element (e.g. can be Internal Order)?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Yes we are extending the Value of This PO , Any Help??.

Thanks

Sudhir

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to know if in case if you'r extending value of WBS element?

You need to check it with FI consutlant the limits of the same.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

you mean if its showing limitations to budget like budget is not there , is it??

Thanks

Sudhir

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. I was on thinking on that path, but it should not be the case.

& just one thing, if you are creating PO with the contract reference, can you check the quantity limits?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

WBS is perfect because for same WBS element for line item no 2 its accepting the uplift ,the case is happening for line item 1 also this PO is not created with refference of any contract.

Thanks

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

WBS is perfect because for same WBS element for line item no 2 its accepting the uplift ,the case is happening for line item 1 also this PO is not created with refference of any contract.

Thanks

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

only one thing i am finding strange is below , I am not sure if i am right or not:

PO qnty is for line item 1 -> 200 days, for line item 2 its 10,000.00 days

confirmation for line item 1 is posted upto 193 days but service entry is showing 5,446 days.

same in line item 2 confirmation is posted for 9,992 days and entry sheet is created 10,097 days in SRM.

but in ECC every data is coming in sync.

so you find any sense in this , is it ok or something is wrong.

Thanks

Sudhir