cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel with HANA connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am connecting with HANA and MS office excel2007.

I installed HANA client for excel 32bit rev 34 and when I try to setup connection in Excel through SAP HANA MDX Provider -

I get an below error at last after selecting View from datasource and try to open in Pivot report.

error dailog box : Data source initialization failed.

contact the admin or recreate the datasource.

once i installed the HANA client for excel, I can see the HANA MDX provider.

note:

In ODBC- System DSN-.HDBODBC->Create data source.give hana ip and tested connection it was success.

i have installed HANA client 64bit and hana client 32bit along with HANA client for excel 32bit.

Any idea how to solve or trace this error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Please go thru this link step by step of connecting to SAP HANA with Microsoft Excel 2007

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e03fef5e-d82f-2f10-8898-859c4ed57...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

thanks for reply.

In your reference document,  I am struck up in Page 9, after clicking OK button in Import data screen
(selecting a view of the data). i get below error

Error dailog box : Data source initialization failed.

contact the admin or recreate the datasource.

All other settings are same as per the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

1) make sure you installed right HANA client - 32 and same right version with you HANA server patch.

2) once you go to ODBC configuration, you can see this picture, but you need to create a HANA connection.

3) in excel, you can choose

“OLD DB Provider for ODBC Driver”, click next, it will guide to choose a source from this dropdown list . obviously the HANA ODBC connection will displayed in list, then you can use this connection to open HANA in your excel client.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using an excel version later than 2007, you will need both versions (32 bit and 64 bit)  of ODBC drivers for HANA.

Please check this and try again.

Hope this helps.

Rama

frank_bannert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I moved your question into the SAP HANA space, hope you'll get in answer soon.

Best,

Frank