Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project start and end date :PS

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We want to understand how Project start data and end datethat how it will impact on production dates, will it really calculate the dates which we mention in material master mrp 2 view as in house production time field, will it calculate total ihouse prodduction time of all semifinished and finished product timings.

What is the exact function of Project start date and end date. How can we see the completed work % through project systems(i.e How many semifinished products production completed and how much production still pending), which report will give completion total work and pending work.

Please let me know how the Dates will impact on total production vice versa.

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have asked too many questions in single post.

as far as material requirement planning is concerned for projects, in project you are mentioning the date (either automatically calculated or manually entered) on which you are requiring material.

Now, MRP will take care how many days before it should start its planned or production order.In short here project is reciever while the production order or planned order is sender.

If you do not produce material, obviosuly it is going to impact project schedule, as the said task will not finished on date and it might impact overall project schedule.

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendra for your immediate reply,

What are the settings required to receive the dates in project system.

If we provide dates in Project systems in CJ20N will it override the dates of production.

Could you please give some clear idea on this issue.