cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS with billing and account assignment element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created a statistical WBSE (only one WBSE) which can be used as billing and account assignment element.

When I post a revenue tie to this WBSE, in report S_ALR_87013531 (cost/revenue), the revenue appears in the revenue column.

Then later, when I post an expense, the revenue is netted off with the expense and shown in the cost column in the report. I can no longer get the revenue in the revenue column.

When I check the report, debit type 1 is assigned in the cost column and debit type 2 is assigned in the revenue column.

When I check the line item, the revenue is having debit type 2 & the expense is having debit type 1.

I am not sure whether there is a bug in the report. I have searched OSS but could not find one.

My assumption is that a WBSE can have only one element, either a billing or account assignment element.

Why we need this is to have the same WBS to record expense & revenue, hence, reduce to create another WBSE to record revenue. No of WBSE created in a month is a lot.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Regards

Fauzi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fauzi,

I dont support your assumption - I think same WBS can be used for revenue and costs both. Disregarding the assumption do you think report is correct? Check your value category customisation and paste output here if you still have issues.

Regards

Shrikant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fauzi,

Shrikant is right.

Same WBS  can be used for revenue posting and expense posting and they will not setoff each other.

Please check that your expense posting is coming in S_alr_87013558 report as actual or not. It must come under s..558.

In standard SAP revenue will reflect in s..531 and cost in s..558.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant/Pranav,

Thanks for your response.

We do not use value category in our system.

Below is the output showing the revenue which has been posted before the cost. Now looks like the cost is netted of with the revenue...

Regards

Fauzi

Posting of revenue of RM600

After posting of cost of RM500

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fauzi,

System is considering your costs as revenue. Is that 73* series cost element a revenue element? Check the process you are using to post the cost.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Both the 73* and 6* are cost elements. The 73* is category 1 (Primary Cost/Cost reducing revenue) and the 6* is category 11 (Revenue)

Regards

Fauzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fauzi,

I feel that without value category customisation you may not get correct results. Check SAP Note 676123.

Regards

Shrikant