Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Profile not get updated

former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I change the values of a characteristic in 300 class,then I delete the planning profile(MDPH),recreate the planning profile (MDP6)..I check the new planning profile via MDPH again,but the characteristic values are still the same as before..No upate occur at atll...

Any program need to be run?thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monst Yang,

Seems you forgot to add new characterstic in MDP2 ( combination table ) and thats why its not appearing in profile.

also i didnt understand why did you deleted your old profile? once you added new characterstic to class type 300 , just add same in to MDP2 and it will be visible in MDPH.

Try and come back with result.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,Ritesh:

The reason why I delete my planning profile is that I am not able to my expect result after I add characteristic value for a characteristic.I try to maintain my planning table in MDP4 ,but I am not able to change the existing values...

For example,a characteristic has three values:A,B,C..Then I update the characteristic values to A1,B1,D1,E1,F1.My planning profile still shows A,B,C under a characteristic  instead of A1,B1,D1,E1,F1..Seems some program have to be run to update the planning profile once characteristic values are updated...Do you have any suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monst,

As of release 4.5, the change are not automatically taken into account. You will need to update them manually. Please review note 419302.

""" SAP currently does not plan to support the automatic update of planning profiles when changing characteristics within a class. If you execute an update from a release <= Release 4.0 to a release >=
Release 4.5, according to Note 140639, the system automatically converts the characteristics and values in planning tables and generates planning profiles using Report RM60XPRA_STAMM. The system also converts the existing usage probabilities using Report RM60XPRA_BEW.""""

Please review the note for details solution.

Thanks

Amber

former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,Amber:

Thanks very much..It solve my problem...Btw,I also search related notes in SAP OSS but I cann't find it..how did you find this note in a short time..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monst,

I am glad it helped . Did you use the right keywords to search. Sometimes it is the keywords or the release. I wil check service market place myself and see if we can improve the note. Also I suppose , As an SAP employee ,we work with these notes and programs daily but we would definately want to improve the note search so that everyone can easily find it. Please let me know the keywords you used, We can then change the note to add the words.

Regards

Amber

Answers (0)