Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Inherited attributes for position are not in Sync with the organizational unit

Hello Experts,

I have a strange concern where the attribute (Company Code) has been assigned in the organizational unit but it hasn't got inherited in the position level. On further analysis, I found that the attribute (Company Code) has been assigned in the position initially and after that the same company code has been assigned in the organizational unit level. Hence the company code hasn't got inherited in the position level.

Please find the below scenario with the example.

Organization unit - O 20001000

Position - S 30001000

Attribute (Company Code) - IN11

Please note that the position is assigned under the above organizational unit only.

The IN11 has been assigned in the position initially. After some time, the same company code has been assigned in the organizational unit. Now the company code is not showing as inherited in position level but it is available in the position.

And if I delete the company code in position level, then it is automatically getting inherited. But it is not possible for me to do this in each and every position as the whole activity involves multiple cost centers, functional area, company code in multiple positions.

Kindly advise me if there are any easy ways to synchronize the inherited attributes. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question