cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startsap options with kernel 720_EXT_REL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I would like to definitevely solve a silly issue with the startsap of my new Sap system EHP6/Nw 731 with kernel 720_EXT_REL, patch level 120.

Trying to start both the database and the Sap instance I discovered soon that the "startsap" command does not works anymore.

It's not able to start neither the database or the Sap instance; the output is "No instance profile found".

I add the following info:

- there are no permission problems for sidadm

- the filesystems are all mounted, including which one contains the Sap profiles

- the commands cdpro e cdexe for sidadm are working well, so the enviroment it's ok

- the R3trans -d/-x are working well too.

- the Default, Instance and Start profile are available and readable.

Till now I used this command to start /stop both the database and the Sap instance :

> startsap DVEBMGS00 myhost

> stopsap DVEBMGS00 myhost

But I would like to continue to use the "startsap" command as usual, without options; it works  on all the other my systems (but they are not yet upgraded to EHP6/NW 731) and in this way the maintenance is more immediate.

Then I found and applied note 1031799;  as for this note the START profile it's not searched anymore and its content has to be added to the Instance profile.

Despite this note "No instance profile found" continue to occur if I try to use "startsap" without options, so I rolled back the old profiles.

What's wrong ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I found this one in internet long back ago, which having the same issue,

Temporarily you can use startsap [Virtual Host] and stopsap [virtual Host] for starting and stopping SAP.

If you want to fix this permanently then follow one of the two methods below:

1) First Method:

a) Make a copy of startsap script.

SIDADM> cp startsap startsap_orig

b) Edit startsap and Search for string START_PROFILE=START_${1}_${HOSTNAME}

c) Replase ${HOSTNAME} with the Virtual Hostname Used for installation.

2) Second Method:

a) Find the string setTrace "##### getarg() start"

b) Replace VHOST="" with VHOST="Virtual Hostname"

Repeat the same for stopsap script.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback.

I solved it using another way.

I noticed in SM51 the host name was in uppercase, while the server name was in lowercase. Then I found in the host file in first place the hostname in uppercase.

I changed it in lowercase.

After a stopsap-startsap these commands are working as usual , whitout any other options.

regards