Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal Reports Runtime Engine warning during Compile.

Hi,

I am receiving 2 warnings when creating a setup project for a VB2010 solution.  The 2 warnings are:

Warning 1 The 'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0' item selected requires 'Microsoft.Net.Framework.2.0'. Select the missing prerequisite in the Prerequisites Dialog Box or create a bootstrapper package for the missing prerequisite. S:\Projects\Development\VB.net\Phantom\SourceCode\Setup\Setup.vdproj Setup

Warning 2 The 'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0' item selected requires 'Microsoft.Data.Access.Components.2.8'. Select the missing prerequisite in the Prerequisites Dialog Box or create a bootstrapper package for the missing prerequisite. S:\Projects\Development\VB.net\Phantom\SourceCode\Setup\Setup.vdproj Setup

My project is a .NET 4 project so I am unsure why Crystal is requesting .NET 2.0.  When I look in the prerequisites for the setup project, .NET 2.0 is not an available option.

'Microsoft.Data.Access.Components.2.8, is not available either.  Why is this error being show?  Will it stop my program form working when installed?

Former Member
replied

Hi Phil,

After searching more we did find it. I pinged the PM for the SDK and he confirmed it is likely a left over for legacy purposes and you can either comment those two lines out or simply ignore the warnings.

Thnaks again

Don

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question