cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Links Desktop channel- not appearing for the users workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created a Parameter to the links Desktop channel and added that to the default workbench page template.

Default Workbench page template ->links desktop channel and added the links to the desktop channel agian with NAme as LInks

URL: www.google.com.

But Links is not appearing to the users, the links desktop channel is coming blank.

Can anyone tell us the use of the LINKS Desktop channel and how can we resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

To add links to this channel you can add them to the company on the workbench setup tab in the links section.

Is this where you have added them? I have always used this method to add links with no issues.

Thanks

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Daniel,

I was doing it at the desktop and workbench page template level and not getting it.

Now its working as my expectation.

Cheers,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I have deleted the links under BUY DEFAULT WORKBENCH PAGE TEMPLATE and added links at the company level (workbnech setup TAB) and its getting reflected to the workbench under LINKS Desktop channel.

But still two links are appearing to the LINKS Desktop channel which should not be the case, after deleting it from the links desktop channel and BUY DEFAULT WORKBENCH PAGE TEMPLATE.

Please give some suggestions to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Are the two links you want to remove still set against your own default workbench page? If so you will need to delete these to remove them from your workbench channel.

As far as I am aware any changes made to the BUY DEFAULT WORKBENCH PAGE TEMPLATE will not update any of the workbench pages that were already created from the template when users first logged in.

Regards

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yeah you are correct, but will server restart can help to resolve this issue??

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I do not think a server restart will resolve the issue.

The only solution I have seen for this issue is to set all affected workbench pages as Inactive so that when the user next logs in a new workbench page is created for them from the fixed template.

Regards

Dan

Answers (0)