Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy adapter confuguration

former_member235717
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

As I'm a newbie to the sap pi, i have a doubt in Proxy communication. In sap pi receiver side that is in the case of server proxy why do we need to provide adapter configuration .Where as we do not provide any adapter configuration in case of client proxy as it is considered as internal communication.

thanks,

Swetha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Client proxy: SAP Backend system has local integration engine whereas PI has central integration engine. Since both local engine and Central engine uses same message protocol and communication we dont need.  As you know one of the prime job of the adapter is to convert the sender message format to the integration engine specific format in case of sender adapter and vice versa in case of receiver adapter. So we don't need.

Server proxy: We use this to specify the client number of the backend SAP system using server proxy adapter. That is one of the reasons. So we use here.

former_member235717
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Baskar Gopalakrishnan.

It is very helpful.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swetha, you should be able to search answer to this question on SCN. This question has been answered several times on forum. I will mark the Discussion as assumed answered for now.