Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of project type at WBS level 2

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to validate the project type only at level 2 of WBS elements but the validation is not working properly. If I manually trigger the validation in CJ20N, the error message is issued. But if I just save the project, no message is issued. But changes are not saved. That is to say, I change the project type so as to get an error message, I save, no error is issued, but when I check the WBS element again, the project type is not changed. The original project type remains.

The validation works fine if WBS element level is 1, but not 2. Strange. Did anyone have this problem before?

Here's the validation I'm using:

Pre-requisite:

( SYST-TCODE = 'CJ01' OR SYST-TCODE = 'CJ02' OR SYST-TCODE = 'CJ20N' ) AND ( PRPS-STUFE = '2' )

Validation:

PRPS-PRART <> '3F'

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

I understand that you are not getting error message during save but your changes are also not saved. I assume that you have ticked 'Automatic Validation' button in project profile. Your validation looks fine, I think theres issue in message section. Compare your message in both validations and paste message section here.

Regards

Shrikant

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shrikant!

As you say, 'Automatic validation' is active. And the behaviour you mention is the one I get.

I see no problem with the message. In fact, what I just do is use the same exact validation. If I enter PRPS-STUFE = 1, the validation works correctly. When I save with a wrong value, the system issues the message. But when I change that validation and enter PRPS-STUFE = 2, then I get the answer I'm reporting. Is this a system error?

Thanks!

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its tricky issue. Can you check below basic things, they are simple but just want to be sure:

1. Check whether level of WBS which you are using is level 2. You can check it in CJ20N in WBS overview.

2. As per config, your validation should throw error when "PRPS-PRART = '3F'" as you are checking "PRPS-PRART <> '3F'". If your condition is satisfied system will NOT throw error.

Regards

Shrikant

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shrikant!

I've checked what you mentioned, and is correct. The strange thing is that the validation works if I manually trigger it in CJ20N, and even if I enter a wrong value in the field and save, the system does not take it into account and leaves the original value. The error is that when I save with a wrong value, it does not issue the error message!

Thanks!

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using 4.6C, which I doubt, check SAP note 494935. Second option is to debug CJ20N while save and check what is stopping error message. Last option is to raise OSS note to SAP.

Regards

Shrikant

Answers (0)