cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run time error 'CALL_FUNCTION_SYSCALL_ONLY' .RFC calls (Remote Function Calls) were sent with the invalid user

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our production BW systems we are frequently receiving run time error "CALL_FUNCTION_SYSCALL_ONLY. 'RFC calls (Remote Function Calls) were sent with the invalid user' ". With log below:

Short text

You are not authorized to logon to the target system (error code 0).

Error analysis
    RFC calls (Remote Function Calls) were sent with the invalid user
    ID "DDIC ". The receiving system treated the first call as a system
    call and therefore accepted it without a valid user ID.
    However, the last call was sent to a non-system function module and
    was thus rejected.

The system function modules include RFC_PING and RFC_SYSTEM_INFO amongst
    others.

The action was executed by caller "DDIC " with client 001 from system
    "SMP " using transaction " ".

How to correct the error
    If an error occurs in the evaluation of the trusted-trusting
    relationship, an error code of the trusted system is set. If an error
    then occurs during the logon, an error code of the logon procedure is
    set. Both sets of return codes are listed below.

The failure of the logon in the trusted relationship is the result of
    an invalid trusted key entry for system "SMP ", or, for example, the
    trusted system data is no longer valid due to timeout.

The error code of the trusted system was 2.

On further analysis I found that we are getting these run time errors whenever job 'SM:SELFDIAGNOSIS' is running in the solution mamanger system.

The job is failing with below run time error ' ITAB_ILLEGAL_SORT_ORDER'

Short text
    Error when inserting or changing in a sorted table

What happened?
    Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "CL_DSWP_SD_DIAGNOSE_CONSISTENTCP" had to be
     terminated because it has
    come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

Error analysis

A line is to be inserted or changed at position 4 in the sorted

internal table (type SORTED_TABLE)

"\CLASS=CL_DSWP_SD_DIAGNOSE_CONSISTENT\METHOD=CHECK_USERS_BP\DATA=L_R_USER".

In doing so, the sorting sequence - determined by the table key - was

destroyed.

Last error logged in SAP kernel

I checked the WP trace at the time of this run time error and found that it is using some obsolete system's RFC and failing at step of RFC connect to that obsolete system.  The job 'SM:SELFDIAGNOSIS' is using program 'RDSWP_SELF_DIAGNOSIS' which is for fetching landscpae details. So this job's failure should not be any issue as we can update landscape details manually.  I have need help in below questions 

--> When I tried to hold the job to stop run time errors in BW system. I could not find any released "SM:SELFDIAGNOSIS" job. No start time ,mentioned; neither any event.  Please advise how is this job running in SAP systems on soem random date/times.

-->How to avoid run time error "CALL_FUNCTION_SYSCALL_ONLY" in BW system. The trusted RFS is failing in all our production systems in authorization test. But this run time error is not appearing in those systems{We don't have any user with that proper required auth}. There are two trusted RFCs in this BW system to solman. One is successful in connection test and other one is failing. How to check that which one is used by the job in solution manager system to make the working one used.

--> How to correct the diagnosis job in solman system. So that it reaches correct systems instead of old obsolete ones and use the RFCs which we want then ot use.

Need to resolve both the issues related to each other.

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

One more doubt related to the same is that how the diagnosis job is running in solman system. And why is it causing repetitive failures in BW system due to that RFC. Which keep showing below errors in BW

"

Source SAPMSSY1                                 Line 113.

Error Code CALL_FUNCTION_SYSCALL_ONLY.

dbsl err=26=DBSL_ERR_DUPLICATE_KEY -> dbds err=128=DS_DUPREC, dbdsoci.c:791

*** ERROR => ^^ Ds_exec() -> err=128=DS_DUPREC"

Please advise

Thanks

Varun

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Searching through more trace details of the rror. I have found the RFC name. It is the trusted RFC from solman system to BW system which is being used and getting failed due to lack of S_RFCACL to DDIC which is running this job in solman system.

Is there any way I can stop this jobtill the issue is rectified. And for rectifying this issue; is there any possibility of using some other RFC than trusted one; so that we can resolve issue without having S_RFCACL authorization. If not; then the user executing diagnosis job will need S_RFACL in which system. solman system; or satellite system; or both.

Regards

Varun

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you reconfirm one thing. What will be the impact in case I stop this job (self diagnosis) by chaning from released to scheduled. I could not find any run time defined; on what time and frequency; this job is running. So to stop run time errors in satellite systems; I am thinking of stopping this job. Need to know complete usage of this job. Does it fetches landscpare details like any upgrade etc in satellite systems only or any other information as well.

Regards

Varun

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Removed few of checks from Self diagnosis job in solution manager system and it helped. The nxt self diagnosis jobs did not cause run time error in satellite systems. 

But the job still failed at the end with run time ' ITAB_ILLEGAL_SORT_ORDER' mentioned above.

For this; found two SAP notes:

Note 1546550 - 00079: Check user business partner creation - performance
Note 1565431 - 00079: Check user business partner creation - performance

This helped in stopping run time error.

Regards

Varun

Answers (0)