cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating PCD 7.0 to 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Could you please share your thoughts regarding best approach to migrating PCD content from existing 7.0 portal to fresh 7.3 installation ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using the combination of Tranport Package and EPA format is still one of the preferred ways. Put all PCD objects you want to migrate in one Tranport Pkg and then export it as EPA which you can import in the target system.

Additionally, if you have CTS+ integrated with your Portal systems- you can use it for export & import....

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for your comment.

What about migrating UME groups, especially those containing remote roles in FPN scenario ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use identity management for groups and roles export.

Group-role mapping is included in roles export.

Set up FPN connection to producers before starting import.

Artur

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can export the UME data, groups/users via the Export functionality...Are you connecting the 7.3 system to a diff datasource other than the one which is conected to the existing system.

If its a diff one, then use the UME export functionality.

I believe you will have to configure the FPN once again in 7.3 system as this will not be transported...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 1000+ portal group, roles and users with mapping.  We want to export and import Portal Group and Roles from One Portal to other Portal,  to do so ...

We are planning to

1. Export Portal Roles and Groups from source Systems 

2. Import exported Portal Roles and Groups in Target Systems 

3. Users we will not be exported from source systems. In Target systems we will connect to our AD and pull users from it.

When I do test export of groups, I see following

[group]

gid=<Group ID>

gdesc=<Group Description>

user=abc;efg;hij

role=pcd:portal_content/<role path>

Can you please let me if do we need to anything to enable Roles <-> Groups <->Users mapping ?

Post import does mapping happens automatically or we need to anything ?

Regards,

Kunal Salunkhe

Answers (0)