Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the option of Change Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear  Experts,

In our server,we have set parameter  login/password_expiration_time  for 30 days. System ask password change after every 30 days. We are  ok with this option but we want that user couldn't have "change password" option. "password change" option should be available with CORE team only....

Please suggest for the same....

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure about this? It sounds like a silly idea to administrate everyone else's password every 30 days  🙂

Possibly you are using user ID accounts which are shared by multiple people and you do not want them to lock each other out? There is a nice solution for that problem...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Dear Julius,

Really appreciate for your understanding. Actually We have one SAP ID used by multiple users, after every 30 days, that SAP ID ask for "new password",

Our CORE team wants to keep that option with them, because if anybody of them change then it's difficult to figure out who change password

Please help us.....

0 Kudos

Make your common multi login user id type as "SERVICE USER" and this will exclude the user id from password expiration parameter.

Regards,

Jayadeep

0 Kudos

Dear Jaya,

No, jayadeep, actually We want new password option for that particular SAP ID after every 30 days but restriction should be that only CORE team will able to set new password....

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How many users does this affect?

Frank.

0 Kudos

50 to 100

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

You can use the parameter login/password_logon_usergroup - Controls the deactivation of password-based logon for user groups ( Available as of SAP Web AS 6.10, as of SAP Basis 4.6 by Support Package ) and you will assign the user ID in that specific user group.

In future if you need the same for any other user ID you can able to do the same and assign the user in that user group. Also we can change the dialog user to service user which enable user to deactivate the password change in sap.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hi Murug,

Let me clear the case:

login/password_expiration_time behaves like a reminder also. requirement is that parameter reminder & disabling new password option should go hand in hand

Means, we want to get reminder from parameter as well as users shouldn't able to set new password if we make SAP ID as "service type",

Is it possible....

0 Kudos

I think a combination of both not possible, somebody should remember every 30days to reset the service user password

Regards,

Jayadeep

0 Kudos

I hope you are aware this has audit and license implications...?

Anyway, it sounds more like the CORE team needs a reminder to reset the password every 30 days? (as the 100 users will anyway not be able to do anything about it if you get this working and they cannot change the password)

--> Schedule RSUSR200 with variant for this / these user(s) looking for passwords older than 30 days, output the spool to the CORE team's mailbox. If the CORE team needs some data source to know who to send the new password to and that can be accessed from an ABAP program, you can possibly even automate the whole process. (but make sure you protect the variant!!)

It is still much cleaner and easier to create 100 user IDs for 100 people who then each have their own password...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Whenever we make the service user it not gets any alert to change the password. if you want this you can set the parameter

login/password_logon_usergroup - Controls the deactivation of password-based logon for user groups ( Available as of SAP Web AS 6.10, as of SAP Basis 4.6 by Support Package ) and you will assign the user ID in that specific user group.

0 Kudos

Are you sure about that? I don't see how this has anything to do with the question...

login/password_logon_usergroup is for 1 user group for whom password based authentication is permitted despite the fact that the system is instructed to accept SNC based SSO authentication only and passwords are otherwise blocked.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Murug,

Yes, you r right i tried combination of password_expiration_time + service user type in sandbox server, it didn't work.

now , i 'll try  password_expiration_time + password_logon_usergroup + dialog user   and  password_expiration_time + password_logon_usergroup + service user .

Will post the result soon....

0 Kudos

Hi murug,

Parameter-> login/password_logon_usergroup  asking for password, I thought if I put any user in  group then assign that group name to this parameter,then it'll not ask for password...

we have set password expiration password parameter  &  login/password_logon_usergroup.

And put 1 SAP ID into group, then assign that group to login/password_logon_usergroup.

But i login with that SAP ID, it asks for password. Please suggest i going right way or somewhere wrong

Second option service user type, we are working on this....

0 Kudos

You are wasting your time with these speculative answers to change parameters. Sorry that I did not moderate it fast enough but I did warn you (see above).

If you are sharing user IDs for multiple people, you must either split the user IDs or prevent the password change (type SERVICE if is is to be SAPGUI capable).

However what you are doing is intentionally not supported and you will probably only get points frenzy folks making speculative answers to your question and they will not work either.(at least they will not work reliably).

Perhaps you want to contact your account manager to discuss licenses for folks who work in shifts. Possibly you only need to license 5 scanners?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I investigate how business intelligence supports making operational decisions.

The research involves only operational management and how they use business intelligence to make their operational decisions. I would kindly ask all of you guys who have experience in using BI to make operational decisions to get in touch and to complete a simple questionnaire which
could further prove or deny my hypothesis.  Many Thanks

0 Kudos

Think about it a bit and read the docs on the parameter.

Cheers,

Julius