Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant & Profit center in project objects

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When ever we create a new project and enter plant and profit center then these 2 fields(plant & profit center) are cascaded to WBS, Networks & activities.

Std.SAP provides us options to modify these things during the course of the project .

Now, my query is why and when do we need to make these fields editable and non editable?

I can think of that if our production takes place at different plant then we need such settings or if the vendor is supplying at different plant .

However, I seek your suggestions based on your understanding of different business process where these fields are given flexibility of change as per business requirement.

And, also please correct me if required here.

Any link/s may also help.

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right about your assumption that manufacturing related to project can takes place at different plants.

What I can add over here, is that we can multiple plants assigned to same company code. The project work which is assumed to take place in a company code can be logistically executed in different plants under same company code.

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Thanks for your response and Congratulations for being arrived in Bronze arena.

One doubt remains : Suppose we are executing all our manufacturing tasks of a single project under a plant A and our customer is paying in advance against a WBS at plant B or a vendor is supplying at plant B for the WBS task which we are performing at plant A. Is it correct?

Also, after release of project why system does not freeze the field for plant of released WBS, Netorks & activities . As logically we have defined the location of the task and during the course of project why does it remain in editable mode. As I am afraid and not sure what discrepancies may arrive later on on changing these fields repeatedly.

We are not using capacity & workforce planning here under projects and also not confirming the tasks here.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ankur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

It is obvious that we used to have multile plants in our project structure.

You said different plants, does all these plants come under one company code? hope so.

if project structure have one plant designated across PD,WBS, NWA then create a new activity and assign different plant.  In material master data also maintain the delivering plant which should be the same of that NWA.

Hope this make sense.

Regards,

Sudhakar