Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different payer in sales order

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We have got a scenario where it is necessary to have a different payer in the sales order for free goods and standard item. This case has to be done to capture excise duties charged for free goods to a different payer. The issue is that when the payer is changed for free item, the system pops up the following error.

"Credit limit customer differs from credit limit customer in header".

Though this issue can be rectified by going to FD32 and changing the 2nd payer's credit account to the first payer's, I got doubt in following this procedure everytime. Please let me know, if this is the right procedure..

Regards

Sidhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the system pops up the following error.

Can you reconfirm your above statement that system is giving an error or a warning ?  If it is a warning, you can ignore and continue with the process.  On the other hand, if it is an error, then, you need to assign the line item payer to header payer in FD32 against the field "Credit account".

G. Lakshmipathi

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Laxmipathiji

its an error message.. so is it ok to assign line item payer to header payer in fd32??

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it ok to assign

My suggestion is only a guess that it should work.  Please try and update whether you are able to succeed in this.

G. Lakshmipathi

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

You are absolutely right. By assigning the same I could maintain multiple payers.The problem is that, by doing the same, the credit limit of the header payer is assigned to the line item's payer.To change this, again I have to go and make changes in the item payer's fd32.