cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Equipment Managemet Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing Test Equipement in our company, we are facing certain problems while implementing it. I am giving you point to points issues and would like that somebody please help me out.

1. We have certain equipments which are calibrated every year (after 365 days), when we are imlementing test equipment management, certain equipments are already calibrated 3-4 months back, now how to enter initiatial calibaration date in the maintaince plan sothat system automatically create purchase requistion or inspection lot after 365 days.
  2. Now one instrument calibration expire on 31.12.2012, we want to send the mail to user before 15 days of expiry date then 7 days before expiry date and if calibration note done recorded till 31.12.2012 then the matter escales to QM Head / Plant Head and we want to send mail to them till we done the calibration complete in the system, please suggest us how to configure such mails in the sap system.

Please help us to implement the above.

Regards

Rajeev Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

1. As you are mentioning the equipments were calibrated 3-4 months before (I assume this was carried out outside SAP), this cannot be accommodated here. For example, if the equipment is due on 15th March 2013, then while creating maintenance plan your  entries should be as below. (Kindly note dates may vary as per case, better try by trial and error method)
    1. Cycle / unit  - 1YR
    2. Start of cycle – 15 March 2012
    3. If you want system to generate order before 15 March 2013 then adjust call horizon accordingly.
    4. If you put call horizon as 100%, then system would generate order on 15 March 2013
    5. Run IP10 or schedule IP30 in background after plan creation, for auto order generation
  2. I am not so sure how you can achieve this. But refer if this is useful http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/BCBMTWFMPM/BCBMTWFMPM.pdf

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Many Thanks for your good answer, really I understand a lot from your answer. Can you reply my few given points also.

1. What I understood, If we have to get the order before the actual calibration date, then we have to adjust the call horizon accordingly. can u explain what is the use of scheduling period.
  2. Now my question is that If we want to get the list of instuments due for calibration for next three months. How can we get this report.
  3. If external calibration, will system generate the inspection lot alongwith purchase requistion or only purchase requisition.
  4. When we do order generation via IP30,system maintains PM order but no insection lot is created as it is not released,shoud we manually release order through IW32 or what is correct way. We want to release the order automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajeev Gupta

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

1. Scheduling period is for how many years / months you want system to generate orders. e.g. If  your Cycle / unit  - 1YR and scheduling period is 10 YR means system will generate order once every year up to 10 occurrences. first order in 2013, 2nd in 2014. this will go on upto 2022. Logically you should put this period maximum or based on your equipment life.
  2. Try IP24
  3. System will generate both. Ensure you use control key PM03 in task list.
  4. You can release order manually or you can set configuration as immediate release as soon as it is created. It is truly based on your requirement how you want this.  Inspection lot is generated only after order release.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai anand...

one prblm,i have scheduled maintenance plan as per following parameter

scheduling period : 30 days & cycle / unit : 1 day...

as per the scheduling period, schedule need to close after 30 days is nt it??

but it continues every month...

when the maintenance plan schedule will be closed?? now  temporarily  i deactivated the plan.

pls guide me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Anand Thanks for your reply, really the answer given by you were very useful. I want to confirm the message with the correct answer tag, but I have to ask you few question more, I hope you will answer me,

We have created maintainace plan and when running IP30 system is not creating any maintaince order. I have attached few screens for your reference. Can you suggest is something missing.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

System generates maintenance / calibration order if the planed date in IP30 or IP10 is reached. If the date is in future it won't. Try changing dates.

Anand