cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check CH vs 02

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have done search on all the forums but couldn't get exact answer for this question.

When i look at the checking group config, i see no difference between CH and 02..

so where is SAP saying that in CH check against batch level and in 02 only check at material level?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor

Read OSS Note 321803 - Explanatory notes on the ATP Customizing  which clarifies your doubt.

Per this note, when CH is maintained for batch managed materials, and if configuration of scope of check (in t.code OVZ9 for CH) includes replenishment lead time check activated, the system will not take into account of the replenishment lead time. This is because, normally the same batch can't be replenished with exactly the same characteristics.

So this should be only used with batch managed materials.

Regards,

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.. I got some idea now..but as I am not SD expert I do have one last question on this topic before closing the thread..

when I enter sales order, I enter required quantity say 100. Regardless of that material being batch managed or not, availability check will look at material level.

in my inventory I have 100 with 50 of batch 1 and 50 of batch 2. Why would sales order look at batch level for availability check? all system needs is if it have quantity 100 (regardless of which batch) to confirm the order. So what is the use of availability check at batch level in sales order?

as far as I know, customer will not know which batch to order, its the company decide at batch determination which batch we will be supplying to the customer.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This depends on your business processes.

You can activate an automatic batch determination for the item category. In that case, it is imperative that the system checks there is available stock for the batch. Otherwise, you might have an overconfirmation.

The ATP check adheres to a multi-level logic which is further explained in SAP notes 89362 & 1513607 (cause 4)

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Noel,

That is when i have batch determination..Btach determination will get the right batch and populate in sales order based on my search strategy..

But my question is if i dont have batch determination and I just have availability check at sales order level for batch managed material, what is the use of checking availability at batch level (CH). All I need is if i have enough inventory for the material in question (At the point of sales order entry, why would anyone look at batch level for availability check?)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"in my inventory I have 100 with 50 of batch 1 and 50 of batch 2. Why would sales order look at batch level for availability check? all system needs is if it have quantity 100 (regardless of which batch) to confirm the order. So what is the use of availability check at batch level in sales order?"

But what if a user manually inserts batch 1 into the sales order where the required qty is 100? Without an ATP check, the batch will be allowed. With an ATP check, the system will not allow this.

An availability check will only be executed at batch level if a batch has been specified in the sales order.

Also, usually an availability check is executed at delivery creation too where batch splits can occur.

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok.. so that means availability check CH batches is only useful for scenarios where we enter batch number manually in sales order entry..Is that a right statement?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes and No. If you conclude that it is meant only for checking manual entries, then it is not correct. As mentioned before it is meant for batch managed material and to make sure that replenishment time not used in the availability check.

Regards,

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

This is exactly what I am not getting..why for batch managed material we should not check replenishment lead time for availability check?

I have stock for 100 ea. 50 of B1 and 50 of B2. I got order for 150 and I have replenishment lead time check. I did not enter any batch in sales order manually. what my system is doing is it is confirming 100 and confirming another 50 based on my RLT time. I am using 02 and A for checking scope..

and If i am using CH instead of 02, what I am seeing in my system is it is confirming 100, but not confirming another 50 because i dont have RLT check.

so, for batch managed material, if I want to use RLT then still I can use 02 availability check???

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so, for batch managed material, if I want to use RLT then still I can use 02 availability check???

Yes, this is correct. If you strictly want the system to restrict the RLT for batch managed materials, then use CH.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Swathi rege

If you could check the configuration in OVZ9 . Then you might get an answer

Just check

02- A (sd orders)

CH- A(sd orders)

Regards

JNM

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

my understanding as follows -

we use 'CH' for batch managed materials

regards,

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PPIO,

but where does that say? if u look at checking group config you dont see any difference between ch and 02..

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

per my understanding sometimes the sap-help information is simly absent

the best idea is to test it (say in QA system) and find out the difference

good luck!

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should see a difference in the description field where 'Batches' is used to describe checking group CH.

There may not be a difference between the other settings. But you can change CH if you want a different setting for batch managed materials.