cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default order type, in ovlk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus good mng have a nice day

i have one doubt in OVLK delivery document type control in ORDER REFERENCE tab 2 Field are available

1 . Order Required      : it tells that has no reference document to an existing sales order is allowed

ex  sales order required

no proceeding documents required

2. Default order type:it tells when you create sales order don't refer  to existing orders we must provide some of the control criteria normally copied from header document into the delivery document

pl could explain a little bit more bz a strike out point i need to understand exactly . pl give one example

thank you so much for your cooperation ...  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

I believe , first link given by Ramesh will be helpful to you.

In Addition to that let me Give you some examples as well which you are looking for.

1 . Order Required      : it tells that has no reference document to an existing sales order is allowed

ex  sales order required

no proceeding documents required

Use :

You can have below business requirements where,

If you are using normal Sales Order cycle, Sales Order will be your input.

You will select Option 1. Sales Order required.

you want to Make Delivery Order without any Precedent Document.

You will select Option 2. No reference document required.

Based on this setting system will decide which specific Reference it should look for at the time of input of Delivery.

2. Default order type:it tells when you create sales order don't refer  to existing orders we must provide some of the control criteria normally copied from header document into the delivery document

Business requirement,

Example : STO Processing with Outbound Delivery Processing.

• For this process, your system needs to determine Movement Type at the time of Delivery creation.
  • We do not provide any movement type in STO Creation or manually at the time of Delivery creation.
  • W/O movement type we can not create Delivery.
  • So system refers the Field " Default Order Type", checks the Item Category determination for the same.
  • Based on Item Category checks Schedule line category determination and Picks up Schedule line.
  • From this schedule line it will Pick up Movement Type as well as other controls.

This logic is applicable for other fields determinations also.

Default Order type become activates only if you are not referring Sales Order as an Input.

Hope this requirements are clarifying your doubts and answers your question.

Regards,

Mahendra Jani.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

I have tested this "functionality / delivery type / issue in this thread".

Please do read my post.

If you have any questions, please ask.

For maximum benefit from this thread, do extensive tests with various scenarios by creating a copy of LO (e.g. Z1LO)

In real life consultants work on issues for days ...even weeks, that gives a clear and lasting impressions of concepts.

Take this thread and test it for couple of days.

You shall get value in return of your effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,\

have you check Mahendra Jani solution before closing the discussion, don`t close the thread with just read, try to test once and close.

Dear Mahendra Jani,

I have checked your solution for Default order type. as you said without Default order type (DL), movement type is not determined in delivery .(without order reference LO)

But i removed Default order type(DL) in my delivery type without reference to order (LO) and create the delivery .

so delivery is created and item category , movement type are also determined without any Default order type. so there is no link between Default order type and  determining movement type and item cat ,

In my research i found that item cat will be determined in delivery without reference as per determinations in Tcode 0184, here we assign delivery w/o reference type (LO)  to item cat DLN.

with the help of assignment the item cat will be determine in delivery document (LO)

schedule line category is determined in V0V5 assignment( DLN  PD  CN), so movement type(601) will be determined automatically.

i am also looking for the exact use of Default order type, so please any one explain me what is the exact use.

Thank you,

Viswa.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do the below two tests:

1. Delete item category DLN in VOV7.

And then create a delivery with delivery type LO, in VL01N

2. Delete assignment of schedule line, (DLN, PD, CN) in VOV5

And then create a delivery with delivery type LO, in VL01N

After you do these two tests and if you have any questions (for clarification of process), please do ask/ post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I already check those setting the result was

1) i can able to create delivery after delete item cat DLN in VOV7 ( DLN was determined in delivery with the help of determination in Tcode 0184)

2) Movement type was not determined where there was no assignment in V0V5.(in my above post i already mention schedule line cat is determine with the help of VOV5 assignment)  

Mr TW, Now my question is what is the use with Default order type field in VOLK, if possible explain with real time scenario, that will help us to understand better.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Viswa.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my previous post, i have mentioned that the billing type shall be known from the sales document type put in 0VLK.

Without DL as default order type, please try to create:

delivery (LO delivery type), and then billing document.

so delivery is created and item category , movement type are also determined without any Default order type.

Sales Item category DLN, has important fields like billing relevance, pricing and schedule line allowed; that are needed in the process (delivery > billing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tw,

I would suggest you, before giving the solution please try to execute once,

Do the below two tests:

Remove the Default order type(DL) in delivery type (LO) and create delivery and do picking and PGI . and try to create billing document .

let `s see whether you are able to create or not.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Viswa.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viswanadh,

Thank you for your suggestion! Whenever possible I do use the test system extensively.

I shall test and update this thread with the results.

Please note: I had given no solution. I had suggested to test few scenarios.

TW added:

Currently I donot have access to IDES / SAP test system. When I do, I shall test this issue.

For the record,

My understanding is if we

In delivery type LO (delivery without reference)

1. delete item category DLN in VOV7

2. Keep field Default sales type = Blank in 0vlk

3. Remove LO > F2 / any other billing type in VTFL

Creation of billing document for "LO process" is not possible.

Message was edited by: T W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa,

Really appreciate your way to testing the things in detail.

I am agree with you that we should mark the question as answered when it is tested and working fine.

Now related to our whole discussion :

• We need to assign the Psuedo Document type to get controllings from Sales Document which only flows from there to Delivery document.
  • Based on Psuedo document type, system determines Item Category and other controls as well.
  • System automatically determines which Billing document to pick up when you are going for Delivery to Billing.

Now about Exact point of Movement Type.

I checked all your comments and observe that you have done very detailed testing. Just want to know have you done below scenario?

(I have not tested as I do not have Test system available. Expecting your help to verify my comment based on this scenario testing. )

• Remove Delivery Item category determination from 0184.
  • Assign DL back to LO document type.
  • Do not delete Item category DLN from Sales Item Category or Delivery Item Category.
  • Create the Sales Order and Delivery and Billing.

What we need to know is :

• Does it determine Movement Type in Delivery?
  • Does it allow you to go to Billing document ? How does system determines automatically which Billing document type to pick up?

Apologies as I can not test it due to Test system availability issue.

Regards,

Mahendra Jani

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Viswanadh,

I have tested this scenario.

What I had expected was: Billing document can not be created without having "default order type" = DL, in LO delivery type, in t code 0vlk

My expectation was / is correct.

While trying to do billing in VF01, I am getting the error message:

From TW's earlier post:

In delivery type LO (delivery without reference)

1. delete item category DLN in VOV7

2. Keep field Default sales type = Blank in 0vlk

3. Remove LO > F2 / any other billing type in VTFL

1 and 3 do NOT have to be done.

I.e. DLN is present in VOV7

LO>F2 is present in VTFL

ONLY because of point 2, billing document can NOT be created.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahendra,

My comments are in blue, TW:

(I have not tested as I do not have Test system available. Expecting your help to verify my comment based on this scenario testing. )

• Remove Delivery Item category determination from 0184.

Error message: Item category determination not possible with Z1LO, NORM, ,

Message no. VL386

TW: User can NOT create a delivery note.

If above assignment / determination (of delivery item category DLN) is not done, then NONE of the below steps can be done.

• Assign DL back to LO document type.
  • Do not delete Item category DLN from Sales Item Category or Delivery Item Category.
  • Create the Sales Order and Delivery and Billing.

What we need to know is :

• Does it determine Movement Type in Delivery?
  • Does it allow you to go to Billing document ? How does system determines automatically which Billing document type to pick up?

TW:

The processing sequence for LO delivery type in the system is as follows:

1. From 0184, the delivery item category is known

2. From delivery item category (DLN) > the sales item category (DLN) is known

3. From VOV7, sales item category - Billing relevance, Pricing, Relevant for schedule line is known

4. From VOV5, schedule line category is determined (with the help of sales item category and MRP type)

5. From VOV6, schedule line category the Movement type is known.

6. From 0vlk, delivery type (LO), field default order type - the billing type is known

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW.

Thanks for testing and updating details here to make everyone clear.

Really appreciate.

Regards,

Mahendra Jani

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Can you please explain how and where the relation is maintained between the delivery item category and the sales item category? If the relation is not established just by names...how can we findout the sales item category (from configurations), if we know the delivery item category.

Thanks,

Ravi Sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

If LO delivery type has delivery item category DLN maintained in 0184.

Then from delivery item category DLN system shall search sales item category DLN

That is what I meant by:

If DLN is deleted in VOV7, then while create the delivery with delivery type LO.

The following error message shall populate and delivery can NOT be created.

Item category DLN is not defined

Message no. VL324

Please test this scenario and if required, please ask / comment.

Added by TW:

When I add / insert sales item category DLN back in VOV7

In VL01N, create a delivery without reference (LO delivery type), I can create a delivery. (I get NO error message)

Message was edited by: T W

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Venu,

OVLK delivery document type control in ORDER REFERENCE tab 2 Field are available

Order Required- Its basically with reference which document .

Default order type-if u want to do without order reference

For your information u can see these links

http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/SAP_SALESANDDISTRIBTION/message/295

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1196270

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh pl check this screen shots and give me answer i am waitting for  strike out point

little bit confusion between them

thank you so much

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu ,

I had see the screen before please see the threads wt i post u and let me know any doubt on that

Regards

Ramesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way to learn about these questions is to read the theory.

Glynn C Williams in Implementing SAP ERP Sales and Distribution has explained this, in section Defining Delivery Types, in chapter Logistics Execution Process.

I would explain one point, to clear your question:

Order reference: No preceding document required

A flow (OTC e.g. sales order > delivery > billing) "KNOWS" the billing type from the sales document type (e.g. wether billing type is F2 or ZF1 or.........)

WithOUT sales document type

(e.g. Delivery > Billing)

how does system know what is the billing type?

That is why a "dummy sales document type" is given in field Default order type in 0vlk (ZEROvlk)

and not OVLK (not oooo VLK)

To know the billing type.

Thus the process Delivery > Billing

is actually Dummy sales order > Delivery > Billing*

PS: the above flow* is to explain the concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

In OVLK there are two things given

1. Required Sales order: for Example in IDES you have two delivery types one is LF another is LO

for Delivery types LF you required reference of sales order where as for LO you need of sales order reference without referencing the sales order you can create DN.

2. Default sales order: in default Sales order field you have to specify particular sales document type for automatic selection of sales order for the creation of delivery.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear narendra

pl i am requesting you can you read my thread once again and give me rplay

thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear mahamad pl see once again i wrote wrong namein earlier post