cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Area Initialization Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DP Admin Experts,

In the background, the time series creation job says it is successful.BUT I dont see the planning area status in Green in MSDP_ADMN nor can I load the planning books (I get the same message ... do you want to initialize the planning area)

Storage bucket profile is correctly assigned and period of initialization is a subset of SBP horizon. All key figures are initialized for same horizon.

In the foreground the bladi time series creation job doesn;t run even for one bucket. I was hoping for some newer messages that spool doesnt show.

Consistency checks for time series network is showing this

Non-repairable key figure inconsistency for key figure xxxxx

Message no. /SAPAPO/TSM293

Diagnosis

There is an inconsistency between the key figure descriptions in liveCache
and in the database.

Procedure

The inconsistency cannot be corrected using the consistency check in the
repair mode. You must initialize the planning area again.

I have already initialized the planning area thrice over but with no success.

This is a 4.1 system. The 200 odd  pages of release notes, 150 pages of release restrictions, 195 pages of help.com and 155 notes directly and remotely related to planning area initialization and time series messages  does not talk a word on this unexpected behaviour and reasons thereof.

I found these two precise notes but they are not "released" for 4.1 so I wont be sure of side effects,

Question:

How can I fix this ?

Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I checked some past cases, and from our liveCache expert's point of view, the issue may be caused by update of database or liveCache in a non-standard way.

The solution for similar issues in the past is to restore your liveCache and database to the same timestamp.

And then perform consistency checks: /sapapo/om17 and /sapapo/ts_lcm_cons_check.

Best Regards/Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada,

There was no non-standard update of LC or DB that I am aware of. Mostly likely cause of this is the planning area initialization was happening during interactive activity in planning books leading to some lock agruments.. not sure DB lock or live cache lock. Our planning area is configured to have locks at live cache level and key figure specific which means there is minimal data locked in general.

Another possible technical reason is planning area is being edited when during time series adjustment (during CVC creation) or initialization for a new period but this I see is not the reason.

An interesting observation that I have is creation of new planning version and initialization of the same ALSO initialized the originally de-initialized version that I was trying hard to initialize but could not. I  think this is a bug and probably not intended such. In this case, if needed I can copy the data from newly created version to the original version provided the initialization horizon of the latter is a subset of former but I dont intend overloading the system with data in both the versions.

SAP should bring out some notes for consistency check program in repair mode for older versions too. This is the only solution if this problem happens in version 5.0 and below (other then restoring the LC and DB to same time stamp, an option that we did not go with for reasons galore)

PS: I dont see mark this answer as correct !  on the screen

Thanks

Guru

Answers (0)