cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details need for integration with Tracking Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an scenario where ECC would send a request which would contain a "Shipment Container Number" to the application "http://www.track-trace.com/".

The response would be details of the container, its status and vice versa.This application is out of clients landscape, obviously.

I hope the scenario will fit into ABAP Proxy <-> SAP-PI  <-> SOAP.

My concern is.->

a.What details and input I can communicate with the team handling this application so that they can understand the requirement.

Guide me with all the points which i require from them like WSDL file of the interface, WSDL URL, any agreement with them etc.

Regards

Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I had raised the following question to the Non-SAP application team.

1.If your application is hosted on WebService.

Answer* NO

2.Whether your response details would have any  structured format. 

Answer* No

3.Whether the format is in WSDL.

Answer : NO*

4.Whether your application support the multiple tracking in single search.

Answer* NO

5.I think the second service (track-tracePro) you provide may help us.

The web site provides 1 services where you can store your shipment details in their server and track one by one by displaying the result in HTML page.

Once you click 1 tracking id , it will show the below HTML page and vice versa.

Now what inputs can I fetch more by all these updates.

1.Is it possible to integrate with the data displayed from the HTML page?

2.Suggest how to proceed further?

Regards

Rebecca

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1.Is it possible to integrate with the data displayed from the HTML page?

yes if you can to the result page via an URL - can you go directly to the result page with an url ?

(check the URL for the button for clicking on the 1 tracking ID)

then you can get the whole page (result) and map it in java mapping for example

(assuming it will stay the same for some time...) but as they don't provide a real API

you can end up with:

a) a new layout for the same page and your PRD solution will stop working one day

b) complately different link way to showing the data by this company

so it's say it's risky using this web page result even if it's possible to get it with PI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the reply!!!

<<can you go directly to the result page with an url ? (check the URL for the button for clicking on the 1 tracking ID)>>

No I can not go to the final URL . Its prompting user and pasword page.

<<a) a new layout for the same page and your PRD solution will stop working one day

b) complately different link way to showing the data by this company>>

The scenario is that the tracking id is not from the same shipping line( company).Mostly the differnt tracking id is from different company.So the final HTML page would be different for each result. This result will take to the the source website. In other words, Track.Trace website is nothing but a central website from where you can track the ID of different company.

Could you please share your mail at my ::rebecca85uk@gmail.com:: so that I can send you the user and password for this application?

Regards

Rebecca

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>.So the final HTML page would be different for each result. This result will take to the the source website. In other words, Track.Trace website is nothing but a central website from where you can track the ID of different company.

maybe there's a different provider which has a working API ?

if not you'd neet to change it each time one of the companies decides to change the layout... (it makes no sense)

I'd not suggest connecting with them due to that reason, you will just have to change the interface too many times, better to invest in some more stable solution,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal,

Yes that was my assumption too. Thanks for your useful suggestion.

I have provided full points. Very thanks from a newbie.

Regards

Rebecca

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Excperts,

I contacted with the support team with the following querries that SAP would send a request with a container number and in return their response would be the details of the container details.

ECC <----> WebSite

The response from the support team "Track Trace" website, this was the reply.

===============================================================

if I understand you correctly you are looking for a response back in some form of structured format. Unfortunately this is not something we have access to, we just get and display the HTML results from the different shipping companies.

The option we can offer for integrating into external systems is our track-traceConnect service that lets you generate URLs that open our tracking results pages directly:

https://connect.track-trace.com/

===============================================================

Does this fit the scenario ECC Proxy <---- SAP PI --> HTTP Scenario?

Please share the suggestion to proceed?

Regards

Rebecca

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>The option we can offer for integrating into external systems is our track-traceConnect service that lets you generate URLs that open our tracking results pages directly

it might be possible to get the html page HTTP call and dynamic URL (which you can create with ASMA) but you'd need to be able to parse the result later on (which may be different per different shipping company) but technically it should work,

you can also use SOAP adapter (without envelope) for the same purpose (and create url in ASMA)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal,

I could not understand ASMA. Could you please help me with documents and links to study ASMA?

Regards

Rebecca

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I could not understand ASMA.

adapter specific message attributes - which let you specify some channel parameters in the mapping (like URL in this case)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi REbecca

Following link might help you

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tips/XI/ASMA/Index.htm

Regards

Gagndeep

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

>>>>a.What details and input I can communicate with the team handling this application so that they can understand the requirement.

a) if you'd need to use SOAP then you need:

- WSDL (which should contain WS URL)

b) you also need to make sure if your PI can be connected to the internet directly as in most cases this is never allowed (only via j2se adapter or decentralized adapter engine)

c) on this web site I have not see any interfaces maybe you need to use any of their applications:

http://www.track-trace.com/services

to be able to get connected with them ? anyway you'd need to call them first to investigate

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk