cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working in ABAP Proxy (ECC 6.0) -> SAP-PI 7.3 -> SOAP Scenario.

a.I want to create alert in ECC in case where there is message stucked in local IE and vice versa and raise the alert through E-Mail. This mail alert will send for all the interface for different integration process.But this alert will catch the exception once the message reached the local IE. What if there is any application error while trigerring the ABAP proxy.I thought of writing a ABAP report and scheduling in background job in ECC. The report will catch the entires from SXMPSMAST table for all the entries of MSGSTATE except successfull message and use the FM to send the mail.

b. The second option, I thought of going is Forward Error Handling (FEH) for asynchronous proxy calls with the use of Error and Conflict Handler (Michals Blog).

From experts point of view, share the suggestions.

Regards

Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

>>>>I want to create alert in ECC in case where there is message stucked in local IE and vice versa and raise the alert through E-Mai

for this  (and this only) specific error you should go for CCMS monitor and e-mail alerting

as shown in this blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/community.user/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-...

there are standard CCMS monitors for SMQ1/2 (qRFC) and you can use them in the way shown in this blog - there is no need to write your own specific tools for doing that - just enhance CCMS if you need it,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal,

The configuration steps mentioned in the above blog is to be done in SAP-PI or SAP-ECC.

Regards

Rebecca

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in ECC as you want to monitor ECC errors from what I understand from your post

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> What if there is any application error while trigerring the ABAP proxy.

Have you seen this blog about raising alerts from abap proxy

http://scn.sap.com/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/01/07/how-to-raise-alerts-from-abap-proxy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Rebecca is talking about client proxies and your blog is about server proxies

there is no way to combine the two using the approach from the blog,

just like it's not possible to use FEH in this case,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am currently working on alert configuration . I want to configure alerts for PO release .

The alert is working correctly ie after every PO release we receive email alert but the problem that we can't populate/ fill container elements such as PO number .

Can you please help me so i can manage to populate the container elements without defining a workflow.

Thank you