cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO with MT-351 and J1IS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am transferring an excisable material between two excisable plants.

I have followed the steps like

1. First created a STO using ME21N

2. Then using TP with MB1B using MT-351 the issuing plant issues the material

3. Then excise invoice is created using J1IS

4. During the GR process, I am encountering a ABAP runtime error, though the error messages is too long

I have got the initial portion as an attachment.

Please do help.

regards

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

As per the error, system is checking for the 'Exchange Rate' to convert the amount in INR. Is there multiple currencies involved in the scenario which you are testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sailesh,

I went on to thoroughly check from the very beginning, everything in the entire process is in INR for ex

the price that are maintained in the Material Master, to Accessible Value in J1ID everything is in INR.

One more thing I went on to try the STO process with the same material between two different plants in Test server but w/o the excise [J1IS step missing], and during that process I was successfully able to do the GR using MIGO.

Can u pls help

Regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Check the Transaction type (OTHR) and and G/l account assignment. Create sub transaction type for STO if not created and assign the G/L account accordingly.

Use this sub transaction type while creating Excise invoice by J1IS

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

The transaction type used in J1IS transaction is (OTHR) and I have checked the G/L accounts aswell.

About the sub-transaction type Can u tell me how to create this in SAP 4.7????

regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

The path for maintaining Sub Transaction types is as follows , however not sure that same path will be there in 4.7

Logistics - General-> Tax on Goods Movements -> India -> Basic Settings -> Maintain Subtransaction Types

Maintain here sub transaction type.

After that in Account determination, Specify Excise Accounts per Excise Transaction as follows.

Transatction Type     Sub Trans     DC Ind          Account Name

OTHR                          TT           CR Credit      RG23AT1 RG 23 AT1 Account

OTHR                          TT           CR Credit      RG23BED RG 23 BED account

OTHR                          TT           CR Credit      RG23ECS RG 23 ECS Account

OTHR                          TT           DR Debit       MSUSP CENVAT suspense account

Then maintain correct G/L account in "Specify G/L Accounts per Excise Transaction"

Where use this sub transaction type and the G/L account.

When you complete above activity, in J1IS use this Sub transaction type while creating the Out going excise invoice.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I am not finding the above mentioned path for creating Subtransaction type in sap 4.7

Logistics - General-> Tax on Goods Movements -> India -> Basic Settings -> Maintain Subtransaction Types

Please let me know is there any way out to create a Subtransaction type in 4.7

One more thing I am finding the following Accounts

RG23BED RG 23 BED account

MSUSP CENVAT suspense account

But the other two Account Names are missing do we have the option to create this and if so how???????

regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

For sub transaction type, try to create it  in table J_1ISUBTYP by SM30.

I have no Idea for creating the accounts.

My suggestion will be , raise the OSS message for this issue to SAP. 

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

First of all let me confess for the late response.

Some how with the solution of maintaining the subtransaction type that you mentioned earlier has worked for me.

No I have been able to get rid of this ABAP error and continue with the later steps.

Thanks for the help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just analyse the error from ST22 or get it debugged to know the exact problem, Normally these can come due to number range problem, Check it