cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

valuation class for split valuated material

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am trying to configure split valuation,but i want to clear one thing.when we ceated material master for two valuation type then

we have to enter two different valuation class for two valuation type or one valuation class for both valuation typoe can solve our purpose?

regards

sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are creating 2 valuation types for a material code then you have to run MM01 , 3 times..

1. you create material with valuation category ( this step tells SAP that material is split valuated)
  2. you create additional accounting view for 1st valuation type
  3. you create additional accounting view for 2st valuation type
Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,

but i want to know whether different valuation class needs to be entered in diffrent accounting view or single valuation class can split the valuation of stock.

regards

sumit

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Different Valuation Class needs to be entered in diffrent accounting view, to get proper G/L reporting with FI point of view

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why and where you want use two valuation class? What is your real business needs?

Split valuation used to maintaion two different price for the same material.

1.You can create Valution Catagory and Valution Type in OMWC t.code.

2.Enter Valution Catagory for material in t.code: MM01

3.Enter  1st-Valution Type for material in t.code: MM01,have one material price

4.Enter  2nd-Valution Type for material in t.code: MM01, have second material price.

Refer links for details of  split valuation:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=235801752

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/MM-VAL

NOTE:

Account category reference is the link between the valuation classes and the material types.

Precisely one account category reference is assigned to a material type but if business needed,

you can keep  one account category reference for one material type with more than one valuation classes.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,

actually business scenario is normal like internal and external procurement.

but i was think from FI point of view that sepearate g/l can be picked by different valuation class.

From your suggestion i have got the solution that "we can assign multiple valuation class in diffrent accounting view but this exercise is not mandatory AND single valuation class will  take care of material valuation at different price"

Thank you.

regards

Sumit Choudhary

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)