cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Notification emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I need some inputs regarding triggering emails (to users) for various events related to quality notifications.

For example:

Mails need to be triggered to coordinator and interested parties on creation & release of notification.

Mail needs to be triggered to user responsible on assignment and release of tasks in the notification.

I am aware that this can be done using SAP workflow (Task group TG20000014) or the function module QM06_FM_TASK_SEND_PAPER_ATTACH.

Can anyone explain the difference between the two options?

What are the requirements (functional and technical) to setup mails for notifications in either case?

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dorian,

I believe, you're well aware of both options to trigger an emails to interested parties about notification creation/release... Also refer below link for more info Q-Notification Workflows.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/BCBMTWFMQM/BCBMTWFMQM.pdf

To answer your question, I believe,

- SAP Workflow would be automatic function to trigger emails based on configuration/development settings upon creation/release of notifications, whereas

- Function Module will be a part of Action Box/Follow-up Action in Q-Notification.

For FM function, Go to SPRO --> QM --> Q Notifications --> NOtifications Processing --> Add Notification Functions --> Define Functions for the Action Box.  Refer to SAP standard Notifications- F2 / Q2 which have follow-up activity to "Send Email".

FM - QM06_FM_TASK_SEND_PAPER_ATTACH is being mentioned in standard SAP settings. You can even define your own and get to the requirement.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anup!

While using the standard workflow, the email is not triggering to the 'user responsible' assigned to the notification task (user1). Instead, the mail is only sent to the users assigned to the agent ID in OQNW t-code (which is a different SAP user id: user2).

The user responsible for a task in a notification is not fixed. Do we need to customize the standard workflow to send e-mails to the user responsible even though they might not be maintained in agent ID in OQNW? Otherwise the mail is sent to all users assigned to the agent id (for workflow template 'complete task') in customizing. Also, is it possible to assign business partners (employees via tcode BP)  to notification tasks?

Thanks

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dorian,

As a standard function, QM workflow would work like that. But in case you want to send it as per your own business requirement, get this enhanced/customised with the help of ABAP.

To answer your question about employee assignment to notification tasks, do you have SAP HR implemented ?? Coz that will have all employees created as Personnel Numbers in SAP... and then easily you can use them to assign to Tasks using relevant Task Processor.

You've below Partner Types available to use:

PE : Personnel Number

US : User

Check & revert.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Anup. Apologies for the delayed response.

Unfortunately we aren't using SAP HR here, so I guess that rules out using personnel numbers (VW) in the notification. Can only use 'user responsible (VU)'.

Thanks again.

Answers (0)