cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RG23D register is updating while creating excise Invoice by J1IS for STO material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on the Plant to Plant stock transfer of Cenvatable Spare Part where both the plants are manufacturing plants.

The process of stock transfer through STO ( 351 & 101) is used. The steps are as follows,

1)     1) Maintain the material in both the Plant.

2      2) Maintain J1ID, here selected the Material type as Consumable ( to Update RG23C reg)

3) Create stock transfer order ( If need release can also apply).

3)     4) Issue material for STO by 351 movt from supplying plant.

4)     5) Create out going excise invoice with ref to Mat doc created by 351 movt type.  (T code J1IS, Ref Doc Type = MATD & sub transaction type= TT)

5)     6) GR in the receiving plant by 101 Movt ( Capture excise Invoice in MIGO with ref to excise invoice of supplying plant ).

6)     7) Post excise invoice.

This process is working fine but in Out going excise invoice mentioned in step 5 is updating RG23D register, where I want to update RG23C.

I checked the following

1) The both the Plants are not marked as Depot

2   2) Specify Movement type Involves excise Invoice ( For movt type 351 - RG23C & RG23A registers are maintained)

St  Still not able to understand why system is updating RG23D register for out going excise invoice. Please help.

R    

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

System is working as per standard design.

After creating outgoing Excise Invoice in J1IS with respect to material document, system updates the Dispatch Register in J_1IPART2 table. This is not an RG23D register.

When you create EI through J1IS, system treats it as a 'Sales Invoice' and keeps it for the month end utilization. You will find this invoice in J2IUN, in Sales Invoice list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Shailesh for your reply,

But when I Print the RG23C Part2 register, this entry is not shown there.

How should I bring these enrty in the Print.

Regards

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

This is also a standard system behavior.

The entry will not be visible in RG23C register unless and until, the excise duty utilization is posted for this invoice in J2IUN. After posting the utilization in J2IUN for this invoice, the 'Debit' entry will be visible in 'RG23C Part 2' register and then you can extract and print the register so that you can find the entry in print.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once agin Shailesh,

I am having querry as

How can I update Part 1 Register for material document  created for the 351 movement type, where we are creating out going excise invoice by J1IS.

Second querry is that, can I update the Part1 register for the material document where I am paying the excise duty by J1IH.

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Yes, you can update the part1 register. First activate the mvt type for the register update. Go to,

SPRO - Logistics General - Tax on Goods Movements - India - Business Transactions - Incoming Excise Invoices - Specify Which Movement Types Involve Excise Invoices

Here, maintain the 351 mvt type for RG23A and RG23C register.

Go to J1I5, enter the 351 mvt type material document number, select classification as 'IPD' and register 'RG23A/C Part 1'. Click on execute and update the part 1 register.

Part 1 register is need to be updated only when you remove the purchased material as such (without any value addition) outside the factory premises.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

The 351 movt is specified for  RG23A and RG23C register update,

When I am updating it by J1I5 - ETT, Int No & Year are not updating in the table J_1IPART1.

How can I rectify it.

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

System behavior is as per the standard design.

ETT, Int No & year are updated by the system, if 'Part 1' is captured during goods receipt. If you update 'Part1' through J1I5 then only serial number is updated, these fields are not updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shailesh for enlightening me on the update registers, if you have any document on these please share it.

Regards

Tushar