cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Planning Object ID's by date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DP Experts,

What is the easiest way to query a list of CVC's created in a date range? Our generated Infocube of the master planning object structure does have date as a selection criteria but it lists output only if it isleft blank. The output also does not have any date value.

Is date format 0CALDAY Vs 0CALMONTH has anything to do with this ? given the infoprovider we use to create CVC's has 0CALMONTH in date dimension.

Are there any other tables where CVC creation time stamp is available ? that I can do some joins and query to get a transparent list. I need this for some reverse engineering

Also, I note there is only a single request id against which all CVC's exist in our generated infocube though CVC creation is a regular process chain activity. I would except  unique request ID's are created for each new set of CVC''s as is the case with the infocubes of other transactional data we update.

Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rico_frenzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

creation / deletion of CVC's is being logged and can be seen in /SAPAPO/MC62 -> Manage logs.

It will NOT be logged in the POS itself.

And - yes - there is just ine request created and it will be kept ALWAYS open. This is correct as the POS uses the BW technology only and does not fully support all BW stuff.

If you want your POS to keep alive, DO NOT TOUCH the request. All actions regarding the POS should be done (unless advised differently by SAP Support) in the APO txns only.

Best regards

Rico Frenzel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rico,

Clear to me re POS using BW technology without all BW stuff.

I was hoping for a better source of CVC creation date other than the logs that we delete frequently to save already constrained space.

I had this observation that the generated cube of MPOS does NOT display anything when I enter some date range but it does list all CVC's when no date is entered. Hence curious.

The need for querying specific CVC's may arise e.g. when I dont know what I have realigned in the past esp. when I am not into the practice of relaligning infocube or realignment table entries and logs are deleted.

Wish SAP could provide some easy way of identifying characteristics deleted in the past using realignment program so that we dont create CVC's enmass for sake of copying data to planning area and jeopardize disaggregation functions

Thanks

Guru

Answers (0)