cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap Scot confugiration with MS Exchagne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are using sap ECC 6 Ehp 3. we had configure scot with local pop3 mail server. Now we r migrating to MS exchange. Does to support ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP supports sending/receiving mail via MS exchange server.

You will have configure the SMTP server (MS exchange server) details using SCOT.

Refer the links below

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/sap-outbounding-mail-through-ms-excha...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/SAP+to+send+external+mails

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply . Now i m able to send mail  from sap to exchange. but I m not able to send pdf1 mail from sap to exchange.

Thanks in advance

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Do you receive any error in transaction SOST for these PDF attachment mails?

Please review note 455140 and ensure your configuration is correct within the SMTP node.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ciarán

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Thanks a lot for your reply.Now I m able to send mail from DEV system. I m not able to send from prd system. prd system installed on MSCS and it's under other domain. How can i send from SAP PRD.

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

I take it you have configured the PRD system as your DEV system. If so what error do the mails in the PRD system fail with in transaction SOST? Please provide the long text of the error. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ciarán

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir Thanks a lot for ur reply.

I m facing following error: Cannot process message, no route from

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

This error comes because there are is no route maintained under the address area in the SMTP node in transaction SCOT.

Under the address area please enter the domains you would like to send mails to or if you would like to send to all domains enter the wildcard '*'

Please test again after this change and contact me with the results. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ciarán

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

It's '*'. Still getting same error.our prd is under mscs domain. is it domail issue?

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Can you please check the routing rules in your mailserver and ensrue they are also correct? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ciarán

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Mails from sap sent regularly  but sometime following error occur 'Message cannot currently be transferred to node SMTP due to connection error' . in SOST it take more time to sent .I wants to reduce time. At present sap mail background job is 5 min.