cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasource for Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APO BW Experts,

I was curious to know when datasource is generated for planning area, from where extactly is the data is being extracted.. i.e. what are the source tables used. I know this is too simplistic a question but what prompts me to ask is a help.com statement that says nothing can ever be "extracted" from live cache and that means live cache cannot be a datasource !

Please educate

Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure where did not find the mentioned content on help.com.

It's the fact that planning area data (both liveCach order and time series data) is extracted from liveCache.

But when you generate a datasource, no data is extracted. Only when you run the data extraction from BW side, is the data extracted from liveCache to infocube.

Best Regards/Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada,

The reason I asked this question was, I have a back up cube with lots of requests successful but contents of the cube are not same as in planning area.. In fact I have all key figures in back up but all rows have 0 quantity.

Since planning data is nothing but time series data in live cache, I was wondering about the statement I read in some reliable source (you can't make live cache a datasource). It doesnt actually bother my purpose but just keen to know as I dont see any data being backed up from planning area generated data source.

Thanks

Guru

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

If you really have data in planning area, there's no reason that you get all zeroes in the cube ...

Have you tested the datasource in transaction RSA3?

If not, please select a CVC which is sure to contain data in liveCache, and try it in RSA3.

If RSA3 works fine, then the issue is BW, otherwise the issue is APO.

Best Regards/Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada,

I havent checked RSA3..there is data in planning area!

I will check and publish

Thanks

Guru

Answers (0)