cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Name Change for dual stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to change the host name to enable high availability for a BI dual stack system which is moving from a single host to new hardware which will now be replicated using mimix across two different physical sites.

Note 757692 says it's not supported to change the host names for j2ee instance , although I've changed a few of the standard things on the ABAP side and this has started up o.k.. Has anybody experience of doing the j2ee side changes without issue and what about portal changes ?

My alternative would appear to be a system copy back with an export of the current configuration using SAPINST and apply it to the homogeneous copy.

Additionally there's a windows dual stack application server which presumably would need to be re-installed if I change the host name on the Iseries ?

Regards

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

note 757692 says that it "is not automatically supported by SAP" - which is not a clear no.

So, I guess you are on the safe side, if you do a system copy. However, you can still try to follow the instructions of SAP note 757692. If you do that, make sure you definitely don't change instance.box.number. And also, don't use the tool CONFIGJVM after that as it still relies on instance.box.number - it is not clear yet if this will be changed in the future to enable CONFIGJVM for systems where the hostname was changed.

As for the Windows App Server: Yes, that should be reinstalled.

Best regards

Christoph