cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport problems after XDN installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to be so cryptic but I am not actually sure if the issue is XDN or a new communication line since both happened at roughly the same time. My development machine moved to a new location and got a new IP address and a new T1 line about a week before the XDN changeover. Now, whenever I release a transport, it takes forever just for it to be released to the domain controller. It appears to connect and check writeability of buffers about ten times before it actually goes. SAP support thinks it's the network (even though AL11 is still pretty fast) and the carrier thinks it's the switch and the switch folks think it's the carrier. I think I might need an XDN gateway on the domain controller. Anyway, has anyone experienced issues when the domain controller is on one iSeries and the development system is on another iSeries and the db driver has been changed to XDN on both. Thanks - Rick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

If possible would you kindly open an OSS ticket (Queue: BC-DB-DB4) ? We can perform some comparison tests between the XDA and XDN drivers for you.

We've made a number of performance related changes for XDN in the recent past; also, we haven't measured any significant differences in performance characteristics - but I would like to do comparisons on your infrastructure if possible.

... Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric - my apologies for the delay in responding. I have been out of pocket for the last week or so. Yes, I will open a ticket later today. Unfortunately, the issues are so unpredictable. One import will go very quickly and then the next will take forever. There does not appear to be any logic to when the problems occur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric - new ticket 754894 / 2012 opened. Thanks - Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on SAP's testing, it looks like the issue is the speed (or lack thereof) of the communications line. As such, I am closing this thread. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

FWIW, imports on the domain controller are incredibly slow as well. The "only" changes to that system were an OS upgrade to V7R1 and the XDN drivers.

rdiger_hckel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

on V6R1 I had switched a system to XDN as well and the performance was really slow.

A consultant told me that I should use XDN only on V7R1 systems,

on V6R1 XDA performs much better.

I still haven't upgraded to V7R1 yet so I'm interested in a solution of your problem as well.

Kind regards

Rüdiger