cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total credit limit in Credit control area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

For a Customer, I have maintained a credit limit of Rs.10000 and 5000 in control areas CC01 and CC02 respectively. Also maintained 15000 in Total credit limit (Central data).

In the control area CC01, the total sales value is 14000 which exceeded the limit and blocked the Sales order and,

In the control area CC02, the total sales value is 3000. Here, the sales order is not blocked.

The Total sales value across credit control areas is 17000 which crosses the total credit limit 15000, why the sales order has not been blocked?

Can you please help, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

If all your settings are proper then this should not happen.

But firstly, in CC01 you hvae set LImit as 10,000, then how come the total exposure is Rs. 14,000? Ideally it should not have crossed Rs. 10,000. Please investigate this matter first.

Check if some special GL item was posted directly from FI side?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Plesae run the program RVKRED09  and check FD32 setting once again for CC02.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Jignesh for your reply.

I have defined "A - Warning" as reaction. My client wants to have "Total credit control limit" across all control areas. So, am testing the scenarios in QAS.

When I referred Glynn C. Williams book, found that the Total credit limit is not taken into account for credit check. It is used by the system to make sure that the total of all credit limits for all various credit control areas for a customer in tcode FD32 is not exceeded. 

Have attached the book screen. Kindly help on which is correct? What should I do to enable total credit limit across all control areas. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Rajesh,

Thank you for your reply, have tried the program but ended up with the same result.? Any further inputs?

Regards,

Vijay N

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

What is stated in the Book is absolutely correct.

Total Credit Limit does not allow you to maintain more limit then what set in Total Limit.

But as you have defined Warining message, system will just issue a warining message & not block the Sales Transantions. Which means over a period of time, Customer will exceed his credit limit & system will just issue Warining message. You need to set a Error message, so that system will stop creating Sales Documents after Limit is reached.

Coming back to Total Credit Limit setting, system will not allow you to maintain Credit LImit in Individual Credit Control Areas (CC01 & CC02) more than Rs. 15,000. And if you had set Error message then system will not Credit Exposure more than Rs. 10,000 in CC01 & Rs. 5,000 in CC02, which means in effect total Credit Limit is not more than Rs. 15,000

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Jignesh,

I have set warning message and the status as block. So system would block the SO, whichever exceeded.

And coming to my primary call, you mean to say the aforesaid illustration will not work?

In the control area CC01, the total sales value is 14000 which exceeded the limit and blocked the Sales order and,

In the control area CC02, the total sales value is 3000. 

Even though, the total Sales order value (across Control areas) reaches the total credit limit - 15000, system will not block the SO in CC02 bcoz, system will consider only the Credit limit maintained in CC02, i.e. 5000.

1. Please tell me what I mentioned here is right?

2. I want the system to block the SO created in CC02 as it reaches (17000) the total credit limit maintained (15000). Is it possible? Can you please guide me on what should be done? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay N

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Answers to your questions:

1. Please tell me what I mentioned here is right?

Yes. Your understanding is corrrect.

2. I want the system to block the SO created in CC02 as it reaches (17000) the total credit limit maintained (15000). Is it possible? Can you please guide me on what should be done?

Please try to understand. CC01 & CC02 are independent Credit Control Area & you cannot combine the individual credit Limits.

Firstly the situation of Credit Exposure at Rs 17000 will not happen if you set Error message instead of warning message.

Also If Credit Exposure in CC01 Rs. 12000 (against Credit limit of Rs. 10000 which happens because of warning messgae), system will not stop Sales Transaction in CC02 unless it hits Rs. 5,000.

Thus for you to ensure that any Customer does not cross the Total limit set (Rs. 15000 in this case) you have to set error message.

As far as your question of checking the total Credit Limit in all Credit Control Area  - it is not possible.

Thanks,
Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Jignesh for your reply.

It is purely client requirement to have warning message, instead of Error message. Client have prospective customers who might have failed to pay the outstanding debt, due to any other reasons (or) Reputed Customers who have ordered more than their limit. So, it is decided to have those orders blocked with warning, and later the management decides whether to release the order in VKM3.

This is why, warning message takes place, instead of Error message.

Checking the total Credit Limit in all Credit Control Area - Can it be achieved through User Exit?

Regards,

Vijay N

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use "Individual limit" field to restrict the maximum amount in all CCA .

Regards,

Razvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

As per your requirement i have understood that you have to have central credit control area inspite of individual credit control area.

eventhough you maintained total credit limit system will check credit limit as per credit control area wise if you want to check credit limit centrally you have to create central credit control area that is only one credit control area, then you can see the total credit value at one place you can check F.35 Report the analysis for this customer.

Credit master data maintainance work will also reduce, you have to maintain only once in FD32

Ex: If yo have two sales orgs.

1000 and 2000 you have to assign these sales orgs under one ccarea 1000

Menupath for Assign Sales Area to credit control area and T.code: OVFL

1.Assign Sales Area to credit control area: 1000 05 55 1000

2.Assign Sales Area to credit control area: 2000 05 55 1000

Note: discuss with your client

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Any help would be of great help, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay N